NeeeAAoww: Air Conflicts Dated For July 1st

By Jim Rossignol on June 6th, 2011 at 9:49 am.

Best of all the wars.
Koch Media send word that their “action-packed” and “accessible” World War II aerial combat game, Air Conflicts: Secret Wars, will arrive on July 1st. The game features seven campaigns, each focused on the allied air support given to local resistance campaigns. Koch say that we will be able to “Fight for the causes of key resistance movements such as the People’s Liberation Army and Partisan Detachments of Yugoslavia, The Polish Armia Krajowa, and the French Maquis.” Trailer below!

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Stranglove says:

Neeeeeoooooowwww DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA eeeeeeoooooooowwwwwwwwww BOOOM KABLLOOOOM

Yeah, this looks kinda good, although I’m confused as to why there was a Sopwith Camel (WW1 aircraft) at 0:45. The damage modelling looks nice, if that’s all ingame.

• thenagus says:

At 1:22 it says something about “flashbacks to the great war”. So I guess we’ll be seeing a few WWI missions!

• Dana says:

Indeed. There is also a German Albatros D.V in game.

• Stranglove says:

Excellent, WW1 seems to be an underrepresented era in every genre of games.

• Joshua says:

Not to mention that some airforces still had ww1 planes AFAIK…

• Zenicetus says:

Obligatory mention of Rise of Flight as an alternative, at least for WW1. It’s about to get a real campaign mode, which may broaden the appeal and make it less of a study sim.

This one? Well, at least they’re up-front about calling it an “arcade flightsimulation” on their web site. It only supports keyboard and mouse, or gamepad. No joystick.

2. Doctor_Hellsturm says:

This looks too good to be true….

3. Gap Gen says:

Jungle Disagreements! Space Fallings Out! Land Spats! Desert Rows! Underground Arguments! Handbags At Sea!

4. Joe Duck says:

Ufff…..
    The incredible amounts blood that splatter from the tiny infantrymen, the huge size of the bombs (with no blast wave on the plane, btw), the ridiculously short range of the machine gun dogfights and the bombing runs, the low level flight between Berlin’s buildings and best of all, a Mosquito exploding a battleship with machine gun fire? Or maybe it is a small rocket?
    I know not all sims need to be hyperrealistic, but if you are going to do this kind of flight sim, why not accept it is cartoony and do it Crimson Skies style?

• Man Raised by Puffins says:

Because people like going DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA with iconic Second World War steads?

• Zenicetus says:

No, the best part was the Me 262 being shot from the rear, by an Allied fighter. Either that’s the world’s dumbest Schwalbe pilot, or the Allies had a secret jet fighter that nobody ever heard about.

5. GraveyardJimmy says:

Has RPS neglected to cover IL2: Cliffs of Dover (and its multiple patches ) for a particular reason?

• Dana says:

It was unplayable rubbish when I last played it. Ill stick to IL1946 thank you very much.

• GraveyardJimmy says:

When I last played it it was playable. Its not perfect, but the new patches have done a lot for it. I’m keeping IL2:1946 installed though.

• Zenicetus says:

The release dates are all screwed up, so that may be why some sites aren’t reviewing it yet. It’s not even officially out yet in the USA (Steam is now listing it as July 19), so US sites like SimHQ have said they won’t review the current version, only the official local release. I don’t know what the release status is in the UK. Are people buying the first Russian version and then patching it?

From what I’ve heard, it’s a bug farm without a real campaign, and it’s getting the “Silent Hunter V” treatment from Ubisoft (pushed out the door way too early). I think I’ll check back a year from now, and see what the status is.

6. Jonas says:

Huh I hadn’t heard anything about this at all until now. Looks fun, thanks for the heads up :-)

7. glue_zombie says:

Not going to touch this. IL-2 Cliffs of Dover has been getting consistent patches, and it’s turning out to be THE sim of this gen. I’ll gladly wait for it to be smoothed out before this.

8. max pain says:

After playing Sturmovik series I loathe at the arcade movement of aircraft (and weapons) in this game.
    Bombing from such low alt LOL

9. Raiyan 1.0 says:

Yay! An Me262 to fuck all your day up! =D

10. Doth Messar says:

I LUVS DA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

11. PleasingFungus says:

For a moment, I thought the game’s title actually was “NeeeAAoww: Air Conflicts”.

Pity.