Red River To Enter “Valley Of Death”

By Jim Rossignol on June 6th, 2011 at 10:26 am.

Red sky at night, DEATH DEATH DEATH.
Operation Flashpoint: Red River is going to get an eight-mission DLC pack in “late June”. The DLC pack is called VALLEY OF DEATH. All eight missions support single-player and co-op modes of play, and cover all the various game modes. Codies say: “Two new Combat Sweep missions, two new CSAR missions, two new Last Stand missions and two new Rolling Thunder missions are set across stunning new locales.” The action will apparently take place in the factories of a former-Soviet city and an adobe village in a large valley. OF DEATH.

, .

Joshua says:

Though I wall trough the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the most badass motherfucker in the whole goddamn valley! – Jarhead.

2. Gunrun says:

So not meaning to troll or anything but are you being incentivized to talk about this crappy game? 11 things written about this awful sequel to an awful game.

• Stranglove says:

I actually enjoyed Red river, but I won’t pick this up thanks to other hobbies taking up all my money. And ARMA.

• Jim Rossignol says:

Not meaning to troll, except you are asking if we are corrupt? Ok!

• Gunrun says:

Well then why cover it? It’s got more as much coverage per game as the STALKER series. Write more about STALKER! I dunno? I don’t see why shoddy ports of poor games get as much coverage in the game media in general.

I don’t really think you’re taking money from PR companies for writing about this stuff though, sorry.

• Daniel Rivas says:

Because they kept putting out trailers that looked kind of good. And it’s meant to be okay in co-op, isn’t it?

wengart says:

You realize that most, if not all RR posts are news announcements. While other games, such as Stalker have actual articles and pieces written about them.

3. Bungle says:

For years, I only cared about shooter games. But they got lame and short and expensive. Now they’re releasing DLC missions a few weeks after the release of these short games. Instead of trying to impress gamers with lots of content, they’re now giving the absolute minimum. Even bad games that don’t sell well are charging money for skins, maps, and missions. Multiplayer games are dying in record time now (see Brink, Homefront, MoH, etc.)

I recently bought Shogun 2 and it took me back to a time when games weren’t disposable. Shoot, a single run through the campaign can take 50 hours, and you have to think every step of the way. After mastering that, you can move on to multiplayer campaign, 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 multiplayer battles. Talk about bang for your buck.

Greed has killed the shooter. Please save us, BF3.

• Gunrun says:

Actually I reckon it might be graphics that killed the shooter. Hundredfold more effort is required to be put into designing levels and assets compared to the quake and half life era of games, and yet games still cost the same as they did then. Admittedly they still sell more but development cycles are still the same.

4. B0GiE-uk- says:

Has anyone actually bought this piece of shit game?

oneloafleft says:

No, but I bought one exactly like it that proved to be fairly enjoyable. Perhaps your definition is wrong?

• Hirmetrium says:

I bought red river for about £12 on GAME.co.uk and really enjoyed it. The game is fun, has good RPG mechanics, great co-op and the missions are a blast. Some of them are really poorly made (rolling thunder is so easy I literally fell asleep and the convoy survived) but others (CSAR and Last Stand) are absolutely fantastically epic.

Campaign was a little rubbish, but the leveling mechanics and class loadouts I really enjoyed, more than other games. Probably the best designed aspect.