The First Hitman: Absolution Screens

By Jim Rossignol on June 6th, 2011 at 9:57 am.

Are they screens, or are they “target renders”? I’ve blatantly pinched them from Eurogamer and posted them below so that you can decide.

Click for slightly bigger!

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Ba5 says:

Looks pretty realistic, I don’t see how a PC couldn’t handle this.

2. Dana says:

2nd screenshot: hopefully they wont put in any platforming elements :(

• Avenger says:

Sorry. I don’t see any way else that he can end up there, other than cutscene that is.

• heretic says:

Hitman did have jumping across balconies, maybe this is just similar.

• godgoo says:

blood money had quite a bit of vertical exploration in almost every level. I wouldn’t exactly call it ‘platforming’ as you were mostly locked into whatever ledge you were on and transitions between things were generally fixed animations. Seems essential to me, it added to the sense that you were having to break from normal everyday routes in order to obtain your target,

3. ceson says:

Moar!?

Edit: Guessing these are prerendered in-engine? Kind of hard to get excited… despite my initial reaction.

4. Heliosicle says:

Embiggening gives a 404!

This can’t be out soon enough… Also after the Blood Money, I guess he’s in China?

• spongthe1st says:

Earlier reports from the devs said the whole game would be set in the US, so unless they were spreading porkies to keep people on their toes China seems unlikely.

• heretic says:

China would be difficult I guess since 47 is caucasian, maybe they finally realised that dressing up as a Red Dragon member looked totally ridiculous so they decided to scrap china lol.

• Heliosicle says:

Contracts did take some of the disguising too far! Yeah I just recall him going to China/Japan or something to hide out at the end of Blood Money. I want more levels like the A New Life mission, those screenshots make it look like those are more combatey levels, which aren’t as fun imo.

5. Stevostin says:

“warning : core error” when I click those. At low res it’s neat but not neater than Batman AA, so why not real screens ?

6. mlaskus says:

Click for an error in the quantum field processor!

7. televizor says:

What’s he doing way up there in pic 2?
    Is he gonna jump in the hay cart?

8. Joe Duck says:

Prerendered.
    As others have already said, the second screen makes me afraid this will be Asassin’s Creed: Modern Duties.
    And that would… not be good.

9. Srekel says:

Is it just me or is his head really large in screenshot two?

10. westyfield says:

Guys, there’s a balcony in the bottom right of the second picture which he could almost have stepped off to get to where he is. And need I remind you that Blood Money had some hopping across balconies?
    Also, his head is massive.

11. Koozer says:

Hey! Hey, guys! Look at the first shot! Isn’t that a law enforcement officer’s hat from our fair isles he’s sporting?

12. Drake Sigar says:

Hitman is one of the few franchises which gets better with every sequel.

13. InsidiousBoot says:

I can see the low res textures from miles away.. looks average, shadows aren’t that spectacular either. Alas the gameplay will be good.. hopefully.

PS: even if it were to be rendered it still looks average.

• godgoo says:

one thing I would say is if they’ve opted for a more optimized game to allow for large crowd situations a la ‘a murder of crows’ then that’s fine by me.

• Rii says:

Yeah, the graphics appear entirely unremarkable. Not sure where the suspicion of their being target renders comes from. If they are, well, that’s pretty horrific.

14. woodsey says:

My excitement has been dampened by the whole, “we’re making it more accessible” announcement. Way to kill the anticipation before you’ve even shown anything.

15. RegisteredUser says:

I wonder if this time they thought “Ok, so we already have the guy only carry 1 gun+sidewarm, what other cool stuff is there..oh yea, let’s add a cover mechanic on button mash instead of the old way, make his health autorecharge and add nonoptional mouse smoothing and aim assist and..”..

Well you get the idea.
    Let’s see.

16. Guiscard says:

Thankfully we still have the proper 47, not the film 47 despite the claim that its going to tie into the dreadful film. Hopefully with the same voice actor.

17. tikey says:

Can we agreee on call it Hitman:Subtitle? I like that name better.

18. Sinnorfin says:

what the fuck is he doing on that pillar ?:D hope he is not turned into prince of persia

19. porktricks says:

Jesus! who gave that snake a gun!? Bad, bad idea.

20. Bodylotion says:

Must buy for me if my PC can handle it…. oh well i probably wont even know i would still buy it and then find out it doesnt work.

• The Colonel says:

How can a game be a “must buy” if you don’t know a fucking thing about it? That’s how bad games still manage to sell so the publishers never know they were shit.

21. Zarunil says:

Can’t wait can’t wait can’t wait can’t wait

22. droid says:

I’m still waiting for Hitman: Subtitle.

23. Iokanaan says:

Big Waxhead Hitman resp. at the Mafia II set and in Nazi occupied Germany. innovation killed the cat.

Comment on this story