By Alec Meer on June 7th, 2011 at 2:51 pm.
AND YET IT STILL COMES. The next offering from the infinite wheel of trailers is BIS’s Arma 3. They’ve gone for the live-action teaser trailer approach with this one, and something of a mood piece rather than giving much away about the game. I’ve attempted to ameliorate this by including a second, fan-made video composed of all the screenshots to date stitched together and given an ominous soundtrack.
[REMOVED DUE TO THE NEED FOR AN AGE GATE. – JIM]
And that gallery piece:
Here’s some official blurb about the game too, confirming some of the features we can expect from Arma 3. Sounds an awful lot like Armas 1 and 2 mind, but then again I guess that’s the point.
- Single-Player Campaign – Evolve from lone prey into a military
commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
- Vehicles & Weapons – Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and
ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to
sophisticated weapon platforms.
- Customizable Soldier Load – Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon
kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.
- Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysXT
supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped
- Rich & Authentic Environment – Explore an unsurpassed military combat
experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real
- Multiplayer Gameplay – Experience both cooperative & competitive
scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows
- Completely Extensible & Moddable – Design & create countless
customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission
More on Arma 3 on RPS soon, you’ll be glad to hear.