Rock Of Ages Rolls Over Art, Wizards

By Jim Rossignol on June 9th, 2011 at 11:06 am.

Ace dev team ACE Team have released a new trailer for their boulder-rolling history-of-art puzzle game, Rock Of Ages, and it shows the ball in action, doing funnies. Previously we saw power ups which embue your happy rolling rock with temporary powers, such as being tough, or being on fire, and there’s some of these here, too. If only life had temporary power ups beyond “mild stimulant drink” and “illegal nose treat”. I want to absorb a glowy thing and be able to double-jump.

The game should arrive this summer.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Hentzau says:

Just now I was thinking there was a dearth of games that let me jump into a cannon and launch myself directly at a gigantic David’s cock. MY FAITH IN GAMING IS RESTORED.

2. baby snot says:

I don’t see men being shot in the face or weapons of mass destruction being casually displayed as play things. This can’t possibly be a real game (sorry I’m just worn out by all the war and murder in gaming of late).

I’m really looking forward to this.

3. Kaira- says:

So, it’s like Katamari, but instead of rolling stuff up, you… crush them? Yes, I am interested. There’s never too many good roll’em’ups/’overs.

4. Vexing Vision says:

I adore the Gilliam-esque Monty Python feel I get from this game.

Will purchase it for the art-style alone.

• johnpeat says:

Don’t be silly – that’s like saying you’ll buy a picture just because you like how it plays :)

“The framing on this allows me to scoot it over the carpet with some precision”…

;)

• Icarus says:

Pretty much this, yes. The love for Terry Gilliam’s Python cartoons is tangible. I won’t say I’ll DEFINITELY buy it, but I’m swayed to try the demo if there is one.

Oozo says:

Edit: Ah, I’m sounding like a troll.
      So let’s just say: I have, twice even, seen an opera only for the puppetry involved. And movies for nothing but the pretty pictures. Heck, I once listened to the entire length of “The Straight Story” on my radio (somehow, one of the frequencies seemed to have been tuned to a TV-channel), because I love the music that much.
      Wanting to buy a game for the art-style alone is not all that strange, is it?

• Vexing Vision says:

If I find a picture that plays well, I’d sure buy it too if it’s affordable! :D

*considers the VITA*

• PFlute says:

@johnpeat: Nevermind the fact that the visual aspect has a direct effect on many aspects of how we enjoy and immerse ourselves in a game. ;) And that’s not even about being “shallow” or anything. That’s just the nature of the human brain.

Of course, this is no way an approval of HOW MANY POLYGONS CAN WE HAS ON SCREEN graphical technology mongering.

5. Westmark says:

New trailer you say? hmm I’ve seen this exact trailer awhile back, and it says release date “spring 2011″ :P isn’t spring over now?

• Koojav says:

Thought exactly the same about the “Spring 2011″ thing :D

Also, since I don’t follow news about this game, I was pretty much sure this thing was released ages ago.

• Oneironaut says:

ACE Team is Chilean. Isn’t it currently winter there?

• Rii says:

Suck on them apples, spoilt Northern Hemisphere … rs!

mrwonko says:

Yep, this trailer is months old.

• DuckSauce says:

Aye this is an old trailer, the hell RPS you got my hopes up D:

6. The Hammer says:

Oh, Ace Team, you do nasty, violent things to my heart.

This looks positively demented, and fulllll of good ideas! PLUS, IT HAS A DRAGON-LIZARD-THING. AWESOME!

VelvetFistIronGlove says:

I think that’s the same as the trailer they released last year, except perhaps shorter. I distinctly remember the “You shall not *squish*” opening, and the “fired through a cannon at David’s bits” ending while the Ode to Joy played.

Edit: indeed it is, it’s from October 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0vLUiEB6Hc

8. Hentzau says:

The trailer may be old, but it’s still far better than anything that’s been on display at E3 by some significant margin.

9. magnus says:

Looks fun, and that’s a good thing my book, that’s a definite purchase for me.

10. Buttless Boy says:

These guys are so great. If I ever have my life adapted into video game form, I want ACE Team to do it.

Well, either ACE Team or Running With Scissors.

11. Baboonanza says:

Looks amazing!

I’ll be sure not to Gneiss this one!

Horza says:

I think life has the temporary powerup of being on fire too.

13. Rii says:

There’s another, probably more recent trailer up on the game’s website.

And yeah, this is going on The List.

14. dc2005 says:

I am reading some previews on this game on other sites, it seems the game is playable on the Atlus booth.

Would you kindly play this game and give us your impressions? (for all of us who couldnt afford going to E3 of course)

15. gwathdring says:

This game looks glorious …

16. JohnnyMaverik says:

O.O

Wow… that looks pretty cool. ^_^

17. Navagon says:

Ace Team are going to have to do some terrible things to stop me from buying this. Please don’t do terrible things, Ace Team. I want to give you my money in exchange for this game.

18. konondrum says:

It may be an old trailer but this is the first I’ve heard of it. It certainly did pique my interest though, I’ll be watching for this in the future no question.