RPS Electronic Wireless Show E3 Special

By John Walker on June 9th, 2011 at 9:30 am.

VISUAL IMAGE! Design me a better one, please.

Blimey, here’s a surprise. Dusting off our podcasting tools, John and special guest Dan Griliopoulos gather in a noisy restaurant to discuss what they’ve seen at E3 so far. Not only do you get to hear about Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex, Serious Sam 3, Payday, Torchlight 2, Saints Row: The Third, DUST 514, Dead Island, Batman: Arkham City, and many more, but also find out what they order, and then hear how long it takes to arrive! Hear the conversations of the neighbouring tables. Hear when Dan drops a knife on the dictaphone. Never hear anything else again.

You’ll forgive my not breaking the episode down further, but it’s very late and I’m exhausted, and have so much work to do before I’m allowed to sleep again. Also, it’s us discussing a lot of games, and a very amusing and handsome way.

Get the mp3 directly from here, subscribe to it by RSS with this, and don’t get it on iTunes from here. If anyone knows why iTunes has stopped updating our podcast, please let us know.

Or listen to it right here:

__________________

« | »

, , .

• alice says:

Consider this thread hijacked with a humble request for more than one podcast every six months.

• Nallen says:

Pleeeeease more podcasts. I like them!

• Dozer says:

I’ve gone through the first fifty episodes of Rum Doings in the last month. Now I discover there’s fifty episodes of RPS-EWS to go through too! I’ll have to start deleting the ones I’ve heard from my ipod.

1. westyfield says:

“If anyone knows why iTunes has stopped updating our podcast, please let us know.”
    It worked fine for me.
    Edit: I’m subscribed to both feeds (that Mr Ak mentions below) and it downloaded in both. No idea why.

• nofing says:

I don’t see what the problem is, works just fine in iTunes for me as well.

2. Mr Ak says:

There was an issue a while back with the RSS feed changing from something to something else. I forget which, as I’m subscribed to both feeds now.
    Edit: Except it’s showing up in neither. Which means I have no idea.
    False alarm
    Re-edit: Oooh, no, there it is. For both.
    So I still have no idea. I guess it’s been fixed? Oh well, I hope it’s worth listening to twice…

3. sonofsanta says:

Your first link is broken (starts with hhttp instead of http).

Also: excitement! I was just thinking t’other day about how long it’s been.

4. Fiyenyaa says:

Gasps! Do mine eyes decieve me? Do mine ears whisper sweet lies to mine head?

Oh. It’s real. And it’s almost an hour long. Amazing!

5. frenz0rz says:

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

Uploading this to my mp3 player now.

6. Jolly Teaparty says:

PODCAST MORE. But… but podcast less about John Walker’s food baby.

7. JohnArr says:

Grill gives good podcast.

8. InsidiousBoot says:

Podcasts rule!

9. Darko Drako says:

Can you try and lay these eggs roughly once a month please?

10. TheApologist says:

John and Jim give particularly great podcast as a combo. I look forward to hearing the Grill.

But, yes, podcasts are welcome. More regular podcasts would be even more welcome.

11. Scatterbrainpaul says:

I think one of Damien Hills Children was born with Down Syndrome and his does a lot of charity work regarding the disability

12. benjaminlobato says:

Very vérité. See, this proves you guys should produce more podcasts, as all they entail are you sitting around and talking about games. How hard is that?

13. groovymann says:

Good call on Luigi’s Mansion 2 John. The first was one of my favorite games of all time and this may be the thing to force me to get a 3DS, along with Layton when it is released.

14. Gassalasca says:

Pooooooooodcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasts!!!ELEVENSES!!!

W0000000000000000000000000t!!!!!

15. ColOfNature says:

O frabjous day!

16. Eukatheude says:

It’s nice to hear some of my favourite games journalists order a sandwich.

17. TillEulenspiegel says:

Did you really call King’s Quest, which is made up of about 80% fairy tales, a “sanctimonious smug-fest”? Er…why? Because it’s less comedy-focused than the other series?

Honestly, I’d prefer that Telltale stay away from Quest for Glory. Unless they really want to do it right, with a character that you import from episode to episode. Not if they’re going to just use it as a setting for another adventure game.

• Urthman says:

Maybe because Roberta Williams is the Bride of Satan? Who gave this as the reason for the decline of Adventure Games:

the demographics have really changed, now this is my opinion, because computers are less expensive so more people can afford them. More “average” people now feel they should own one.

As documented with NSFW illustrations here.

18. Kieron Gillen says:

Actually kinda made me miss doing E3.

Also, it’s always funny when John explains why he’s a bad healer.

KG

19. Heartborne says:

Nice little podcast. As others said before, I wish they were more frequent!

ps. Thank you for the Korean bonus, on the background (Korean women chatting). DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF CONTENT!! I like it.

20. LMN8R says:

It’s amusing to me that RPS always manages to find the absolute worst place to record podcasts so that their already-terrible audio quality somehow manages to get worse because of excessive background noise almost as loud as the podcasters themselves.

21. Hybrid says:

RPS podcasts (and Rum Doings!) are the best podcasts.

22. terry says: