Billions Of Stars: Hoshi Saga 6

By John Walker on June 23rd, 2011 at 5:10 pm.

If you don't find these lovely, then I think you're a fartface.

Gosh, can it really be over a year since I posted a Nekogames Hoshi Saga game? I do not understand the passing of time. Fortunately I do understand how to find stars in 25 simple but lovely microgames. I mean, I should, I’d already completed 125 of them. Bringing it up to 150 is Hoshi Saga Ringeon, and it’s as worth playing as all previously. Still too simple for the most part, but always engaging and satisfying to hear that ‘pling!’ as each is solved. You really ought to bloody well listen to me and go play them. I won’t stop posting about them until you do.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Balobam says:

There’s SIX now?! God damn I completely forgot about these, only played the first 2 and kept wishing they’d make more. Well I’m gonna be busy for a while.

2. Fede says:

Lovely, as always!

3. Bhazor says:

Grrrrr, this kanji one (level 71) is getting right on my tit ends.

• Sagan says:

You can get a good clue for Stage 71 by just clicking on everything until you find a line where something different happens.
      I’m stuck on Stage 65. Anyone got a hint for that? I unscrewed the screws and discovered all the numbers, but then there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do.

edit: Solved it :) Hint for others: Thinking about the roman numerals got me on the right track.

• NR says:

Re 65: LX stands for 60, and levels 61-4 have numbers in them…

Also, for 71, check the order in which the lines materialise.

• _PixelNinja says:

It’s a bit difficult for people who do not know Japanese kanji because the answer lies in how you write the kanji ‘hoshi’ (which means ‘star’ — yes that was obvious) in Japanese.

• Baf says:

While knowing the stroke order for the kanji no doubt makes this one easier, prior knowledge is not necessary due to the fact that it goes and draws the thing in front of you.

4. jymkata says:

At first I was excited, but then I realised that I played this one.

5. westyfield says:

Ah, stage 56 makes me long for an air display team game. Just messing about doing crazy stunts and skywriting would be so much fun.

6. Mercury_Man says:

Also stuck on 65, same spot. I got all the others, though.

7. Git says:

You’re all discussing how great this game is. Am I the only person for whom the link does not work?

8. walk_star says:

Carl Sagan would be proud.

9. Ricc says:

Always nice to see a new Hoshi Saga. It’s something you don’t expect, but appreciate.

10. Flint says:

Bah, only 74 to do and whilst I completely understand the idea behind it, I’ve never been good with that particular kind of puzzle. Looks like I’ll be stuck on this for good.

• Peter Milley says:

The trick for 74: number the rings 1 through 5 from the outside in. (So moving 1 causes 3 to move, 2 causes 4 to move, 3 causes 5 to move, 4 causes 1 to move, and 5 causes 2 to move.)

Then move 4 to align with 2. (This will cause 1 to move.) Then move 3 to align with 1. (This will cause 5 to move.)

Finally, move 1 to align 1 and 3 with 5, and move 2 to align 2 and 4 with everything.

If you don’t get it bang-on right the first time, you should at least have something close to a star, so you’ll be better able to see how things should line up. So just repeat the process: move 4, then 3, then 1, then 2 until you get it close enough.

• noggin says:

Yowza, thanks Peter Milley!

I would never have been able to keep my brain still long enough to figure that out…

Comment on this story