Freaky: Killing Floor’s Summer Sideshow

By Jim Rossignol on June 23rd, 2011 at 8:07 pm.

The guys at Tripwire have sent word that they’re going to be doing another Killing Floor novelty map event, like they did for last Christmas, only this time it’s a “Summer Sideshow”. What that means is they’ve poured their mapping talents into creating a grotesque freakshow, complete with ‘orrible circus variants of Killing Floor’s hideous mutants, and new unlockables and achievements. You can check them out in the trailer below. More details on the site.

It’ll be arriving on Steam, and the event will from June 30th to July 22nd. (Also I recall Killing Floor being a popular option for an RPS server. Any +1s to that?)

, .

1. Premium User Badge SMiD says:

Seriously Tripwire, I’ll have some of what you’re smoking. And +1

2. KauhuK says:

Maybe it is time to reinstall the game.

• geldonyetich says:

Seconded.

Not that I really had a reason to stop playing it to begin with. Killing Floor has always has as much sustainable entertainment value as Counterstrike, if not more.

• Kaira- says:

What do you mean, reinstall? I never uninstalled it. And I think it’s much more fun than L4D 1/2. But then again, they are not quite the same kind of games.

• Corrupt_Tiki says:

After watching that, I am suddenly quite interested in acquiring this game.

3. 8-bit says:

Killing floor is one of those games I bought but never really got around to playing much, but if there is a get together of some sort I would likely show up.

• Balhazer says:

It is a great game, plus the developer is commited to its games to these days (as u can see).

Bear in mind that the game has many Difficulty settings, choosing wise is basic to enjoy it.

BTW as the action is fast paced, the players will answer as soon as the opportunity arise, had fun!.

4. Ricc says:

Hell, yeah! :D Also, +1

5. Ultimanecat says:

Hopefully this indicates that another massive sale is indeed incoming on Steam. Killing Floor seems to run these sorts of things in conjunction with events on Steam.

6. Mr_Hands says:

I loved the Christmas event. I thought it was terrifically well-done. Will be there for this one.

7. Hammelbamf says:

I’m in.

8. N1kolas says:

+1 for an RPS server.

9. Valvarexart says:

+1 for RPS server

10. Squishpoke says:

My body is ready.

11. testman3 says:

+1, but first need to buy killing floor, any chance it’s going to be on sale soon? =P

• subedii says:

Games usually go on sale during their respective “special events”. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen here.

12. LionsPhil says:

The boomer’s lost weight.

13. trooperdx3117 says:

+1 for 30 man rps server!

14. Shadrach says:

All thats missing from that video is Tom Waits. “Step right up, step right up!”
    That’s right, it filets, it chops, it dices, slices,

• MuscleHorse says:

Change your life, change into a nine year old hindu boy and get rid of your wife.

15. pkt-zer0 says:

+1 to RPS server, -1 to the 30-man silliness.

• Balhazer says:

Another +1, I do prefer 6players cap FF 100% ON, but I’m IN anyway RPS choose!

16. Felixader says:

All this makes me want is a new Timesplitters Title.

17. Kuroko says:

Tripwire are the best developers in the planet. I hope they earn a shitload of dosh and become HUGE (but without changing their ways of course) :)

18. PanzerVaughn says:

PUT IT IN MY EYES.

19. DarkFenix says:

I’d quite like to see an RPS server. That said, their recent updates have been a bit disappointing. Early on we got new weapons or classes, now we just get a bunch of skins and a map.

20. diebroken says:

“I want Jojo! I want Jojo! JOJO! JOJO!” XD

21. Oak says:

Looking forward to it. The Christmas event was great, and I actually preferred the holiday zeds to their normal versions. They were silly, but still creepy and far more distinct from each other and the typical game monsters out there.

22. passingstranger says:

Killing Floor continues to make a compelling case for the best $15 dollars I have ever spent.

23. The_Great_Skratsby says:

Golly, Tripewire’s support is amazing and they just keep upping the ante, still.

+1 as well.

24. Navagon says:

Yeah, go on then. Another +1. I have yet to really play it a great deal so an RPS server would change that.

25. westyfield says:

Mmm, is there a way I can look like steampunk Mr Foster in every game?

Also, I’d like an RPS server, or, in the parlance of the urban youth; ‘plus one’.

26. blackjackshelak says:

+1 for an RPS server. It pretty much has to be a 30-man though. With the number of interested parties so high, leaving it at 6 would leave a lot of people out. I’ll definitely be on for the event. KF is one of those games that you might put down from time to time, but you never really put it away. Too much fun to be had, especially for someone like me who hasn’t quite maxed out all of their perks yet. Come to think of it, this is the only game I’ve ever written a recommendation for on Steam, so that says a lot for it.

27. ScubaMonster says:

Man those crawlers look pretty awesome. I actually wish they looked like that normally.

28. Premium User Badge Sinomatic says:

+1 to a server too

Enjoyed the chrsitmas maps (and the portal ones too), so I certainly see me going back for the abusement park.

And is it just me or do the graphics look better than I remember? Did they do something?

29. Premium User Badge Anthile says:

I only wish they’d remove the terribly grindy character development. Oh well.

• Bilbo says:

Yeah, I also feel it would benefit from some snappier, risk-reward based upward motion.

• blackjackshelak says:

You don’t really need more than level 3 in order to upgrade from normal to hard if you know what you’re doing. The grind to 3 isn’t all that bad, but the levels after that get pretty significant. The fact that perks build independently of which one you’re playing helps a bit far as that’s concerned. I can sympathize with the feeling that they take a bit too long sometimes though. I’ve got roughly 250 hours in the game at this point, and I’ve only got 3 classes maxed out. I don’t have an issue with it personally, but I can see where you’re coming from.

30. DestructibleEnvironments says:

Hey gents! Do any of you know if they’ll release this and the winter models as an official mutator or something? Some variety is never bad, and some of us prefer certain models. I would pay for it!

• blackjackshelak says:

Oh gosh that would be awesome. I’d be excited for it for if for no other reason than the Jack Frost Scrake looked like the coolest thing ever (no pun intended). Now that they’ll have two extra skin packs it might make sense to make them available outside of the season once the event is over.

• Premium User Badge Malibu Stacey says:

They have mentioned the Christmas pack would be released at a later date as an officially whitelisted mutator. At least it would allow people to bring back the Christmas pack during the winter on their own servers without requiring an game update to turn them on & off.

31. Bodylotion says:

Last time i played killing floor was @ christmas so I probably reinstall the game to play this shit again looks cool.

32. Premium User Badge Malibu Stacey says:

No mention of the Stalker or Husk in the video (or the Patriarch but one can assume he’ll be some crazy mutated ringmaster type thing) & the Scrake looks like it’ll be easier to headshot than the Jack Frost model was during the Twisted Christmas event.

Will be playing this some more (finally). I bought it for less than £5 during the Twisted Christmas event & played the life out of it with a bunch of friends for the next 3 months. I honestly wish I’d gotten it long ago as it’s way more fun than I expected.

• The Xdrago says:

Sure, along with the gorefast and fleshpound they go unmentioned, but they ARE in there, check the video at 0:48 for the swordswallower, 0:51 for the clockwork mech (husk), 1:00 for the fleshclown, and 1:15 for the lovely assistant (stalker)

33. ghiacciato says:

God, I really love how Tripwire keeps doing those events. Probably my second-favourite FPS due to that.