Touring Cars: Dirt 3 Monte Carlo DLC

By Andrew Smee on June 29th, 2011 at 10:41 am.

All I want is a VW Beetle with a Herbie liverie. Is that so much to ask?

According to Codemasters, players have spent 292 years playing Dirt 3, neatly pre-dating the invention of the internal combustion engine. To add on a couple of centuries, here’s the first fully-fledged chunk of content for Codemaster’s superb rally racer, improving on the rather typical showing of extra cars already available. Centring on the Monte Carlo Rally, you can expect snow and tarmac courses through the Alps, changing it up some from faffing around a disused ironworks in Michigan.

The DLC should be available for purchase in the GFWL Marketplace soon is out now for £6.75, and a trailer for Monte Carlo is after the jump.

It looks like a big change up from the usual Codemasters effort, the makeover minigame before big events especially looking like a fun way to spruce up your avatar before races. Branching out from the traditional cars, the addition of bicycles and horse-riding events such as Polo make a surprising show, and there’s even some footage of Assassin’s Creed style action towards the end. Shame they don’t highlight the exciting developments in the press release:

The new Monte Carlo Track Pack includes eight breath-taking Rally stages featuring dramatic climbs, descents and hairpins set amongst snowy mountain roads. Players can race through the Alps and conquer the legendary Col de Turini pass in single-player, split-screen and online multiplayer. Gamers will race at day, night and compete under brand new foggy conditions as the Monte Carlo Track Pack’s cliff-side roads, tight passes and tunnels combine to create a testing technical challenge for Rally fans.

Here’s hoping for a Hannah Montana co-driver.

, .

1. Nemon says:

Cars wot go fast?

2. Premium User Badge Diziet Sma says:

Ah I saw this pop up yesterday. I’ve spent a hell of a lot of time in DiRT 3 recently. I was wondering whether this was worth it. Sounds good now I know something more about it, I just wish they’d do a Corsica map pack.
    Only downside is, all the sections I’d completed and thus had flagged gold now aren’t. Petty I know but it’s like it’s gone through my race history and undone some work. The pack tacks an extra series of races on the end of most of the in game main events which are visible when you don’t have the map pack and marked as ‘Buy’. Not sure if that really is the best approach, it’s messy. Should’ve just been bundled into a discrete new event in their own right. Would be neater.

• whydidyoumakemeregister says:

Wait, did you buy the add-on between your first and second paragraphs?

3. McDan says:

HA! Mhm, yes.

4. portchd says:

I so do NOT want a hannah montana Co- driver…i’de sooner shoot myself in the head

• Raiyan 1.0 says:

But then you have justification to crash your car and cause grievous harm to your passenger!

And in the game.

5. tomaac says:

Love the trailer :D

6. Ross Angus says:

Best. Game trailer. Ever.

7. westyfield says:

Ah, I was hoping this would be a Monte Carlo Or Bust DLC.
    That would be the greatest thing ever.

8. Skusey says:

As long as you keep posting trailers like that, Smee is alright by me.

9. vash47 says:

I’m done with Codemasters, instead of fixing the game, which right now is unplayable for me, they keep releasing useless patches and more DLC. Bunch of bastards.

It’s sad because the actual game is good, but what good can it be if I can’t play it.

10. Garfo says:

nice trailer ;)

11. skurmedel says:

Mucho gucho Monte Carlo skills my amigo!

12. Jason Moyer says:

Stages longer than a minute and a half would be a nice DLC pack.

• whydidyoumakemeregister says:

I considered wasting a large portion of my life playing the Dirt Tour from the beginning and timing the segue animations / goof-troop dialogue (“Put that on YouTube bro!”) to figure out the ratio of actual racing compared to stupid bullshit fluff. The difference has to be staggering. Multiplayer is just as bad with waiting 30 seconds for everybody to finish the race, level-up animations for both online and singleplayer scores separately, loading the lobby, voting on the race style, voting on the track, picking your car graphics, loading the track, and sitting in the starting grid unable to do anything while everybody’s system loads the track.

And I sure hope they’re glad they focused on gymkhana this game, since everybody votes against it the second they see it on multiplayer.

• Hydrogene says:

There is a nice mod that speeds up the menus.It makes it a bit more bearable, but the stages are just too short, and many of them are just reversed or variations of the same stage. Dirt 3 is really a step back from Dirt 2, which menus were at least more original and colourful.

13. Tams80 says: