Indies: Enter Eurogamer Expo Indie Arcade!

By Jim Rossignol on July 6th, 2011 at 10:40 am.

Yes, submissions for this year’s Eurogamer Expo Indie Arcade are open, and the final batch will be judged by the Hivemind of Rock, Paper, Shotgun. It’s true! This year’s event, as last year, will be officiated by the men of this website, which will result in LIFE CHANGING PRIZES (tbc) for the winners. The details are here, but basically you need to get in touch with David Hayward with the details if your game before the 19th of August, and it would need to be in some kind of playable state for the event on 22nd of September. So if you are making in indie game and want awesome coverage, applying is a good idea. A very good idea. A mandatory idea.

Speaking of Expo stuff: the early entry tickets are now all gone, but there are some day tickets still available for the event, which will feature games, Games, GAMES! And we’ll be there doing hi-fiving and PC stuff. So you should come along.

1. Deano2099 says:

Are RPS doing anything other than the indie stuff? Sort of struck me last year that the smaller room might have worked for something like that pub/conference/discussion thing you did ages ago.

2. Malawi Frontier Guard says:

Will Nidhogg win something again?

3. mondomau says:

Will the indie bit be a bit bigger and less well-hidden this year? We walked past it about twenty times last year.

Also, have they actually released Nidhogg yet?!

4. Corrupt_Tiki says:

What ever happened to that nidhogg game? It made everyone very happy for a few weeks and just vanish? Or is it still getting around?

• Inigo says:

Turns out Nidhogg was all just an elaborate hoax. Even as we speak, messhof is making his escape across the Pacific in a bullet riddled single-engined aircraft with nothing but a dead Mafia hitman and a suitcase filled with Peruvian blow for company.

• Strangineer says:

The only company any man ever needed.

5. Visualante says:

I don’t have a lot of positive stuff to say about last year’s Eurogamer expo. The indie thing was the only good thing I’d say. I think I put it down to the indies actually being there talking to you while you play, where as most booths were unmanned and sometimes unplayable.

Clearly should’ve gone to the pub afterwards.

• brog says:

Yep. Pub was lovely, indies were cool, expo was shite. I’ll only go this year if I have a game in this indie thing, but even if not I might find it worth coming to the pub afterwards anyway because there were so many cool people last time (although this depends on whether I happen to be living in the midlands, the highlands, the continent or the antipodes at the time..).

6. BathroomCitizen says:

I want Nidhogg.

• Shadrach says:

I want Nidhogg.

• kulik says:

Yes and the Monaco game, and that game where you played as a sniper trailing spy on a party. Lazy indie bastards. :P

7. Mo says:

You chaps accepting iPad games?