A Dance With Dates: Stronghold 3 Changes

By Alec Meer on July 12th, 2011 at 4:42 pm.

Wow, captions about castles are really hard

Promising build’n'bash’n'badger game Stronghold 3 has moved first from a Spring then to a Summer and then September release date and now to a nebulous ‘Autumn’ release date – which is bad news for anyone who, like me, is currently reading A Dance With Dragons and was hoping for a bit of brutal castle sieging afterwards. However, the change in date brings with it a shiny new trailer, and news that it bears a whole new publisher.

Well, sort of. It’ll arrive under the freshly-revealed 7Sixty imprint, which is a splinter of original Stronghold 3 publisher Southpeak. This new lot will be focusing on digital titles, which means they’ll hopefully be a reliable source of interesting electronic video games for personal computers.

Such as Stronghold 3, which goes a little something like this:

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. P4p3Rc1iP says:

I can’t say I find the trailer very impressive…

Still, I loved the first Stronghold, so my hopes are high for this.

2. UncleSmoothie says:

Nothing prepares me for epic adventure like being warned that the inn is almost out of ale.

3. Commisar says:

Hmm, a new publisher, lets hope they don’t mess up stronghold 3

4. Zorganist says:

I never knew that the Black Plague was flourescent before now. Thanks, Stronghold!

Glad it’s being pushed back. I might be able to afford it by Autumn, and the game should be more well-polished as well.

Should be.

• Wooly Wugga Wugga says:

The fact that the publishers are giving the developers a bit more time is also a positive parcel of news to me. I’d much rather the developers do it right the first time. (*cough* *cough* Stardock I’m looking at you.)

5. Yorick says:

If it’s closer to Stronghold/Crusader and less like the newer games I’m all for it. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they’ve really updated the tech.

I found the feel of Stronghold 2 totally missed what I liked about the original game.

6. Carra says:

Well, just go to gog.com and buy the original Stronghold. Surely someone must have made a Kings Landing map.

7. Squeeby says:

“Gird your loins boy, i’m back for revenge”
    What?!

Run child! RUN!

• Bingo Bango says:

Haha. Yeah, it’s a … weird trailer.
      Anyone know who that ‘greatest enemy’ chap’s meant to be? The Wolf?

8. mejoff says:

If you’re getting hankerings whilst reading GRRM, you need to get your Mount and Blade/Warband on. Nothing else quite hits that particular spot for me.