COD Elite Mugs For The Camera

By Lewie Procter on July 15th, 2011 at 3:19 pm.

Any thoughts on a silly abbreviation for COD: Elite?

This trailer is like a metaphor for Call of Duty: Elite, Activision’s new enhanced online premium service package for the CODs. Is it supposed to be funny? You won’t be able to miss the best jokes, because “theLEGENDofKARL” says “Haha, get it?” after them all.

Let’s play “Who can come up with the best alternative to spend £3 a month on”.

I would get a Sherbet Dip-Dab every other day.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. laddyman says:

CODpiece! Hardy har!

2. Anthile says:

These hats will forever remind me of Half-Life 2.

3. Shakermaker says:

Dip-dab was awesome.

4. RF says:

“Can you do all these things that other FPSes have been letting you for free since they came out? No? THAT’S BECAUSE YOU’RE PLAYING A TERRIBLE FPS.”

5. goldrunout says:

Most of these things are already available on pc.. It would be good if Steam worked on steam stats and community to help clan creations, competitive gaming, all those elite features on all steamworks games.. FOR FREE

6. Raiyan 1.0 says:

I see that you never watched Community or 30 Rock.

Edit: Reply fail.

7. Adekan says:

I got about 40 seconds in, realized this wasn’t a video mocking COD using the Mount and Blade engine and promptly turned it off wondering who would pay to play this game, let alone an extra subscription. I don’t understand consoles.

• Strife212 says:

In game cut scenes look absolutely nothing like this. They’ve literally just loaded up a multiplayer map and are zooming in on peoples faces when they are meant to be talking.

8. Rii says:

HURR PC GAMER GRAFX STRONG

9. Tony M says:

Isn’t there enough of this kind of snark on the internet already? If you want to post a thoughtful/funny discussion on the subject then thats fine. But this post doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of RPS.

And no I don’t play COD so I have no other motive for jumping to its defense.

10. checkers says:

Wait, this isn’t a parody?

11. pipman3000 says:

Get it? Get it? *mugs the camera* Get it?

12. MajorManiac says:

“So who’s the real winner here, huh?” – No one….no one is *sobs*

13. FalconEagle says:

TJ Miller, Got it!

Original comment: Does anyone know the name of the actor is? I remember him from some stupid online videos and a few movies, but completely forgot their and his name. It’s killing me from the first elite video.

14. Leelad says:

Did I miss the link or something? I get a pic of a sherbert dib-dab and a rather shit looking image of a game.

15. Big Daddy Dugger says:

I played call of duty 2 as a launch title for a friends Xbox and I was like “this game isn’t bad probably one of the more fun first person shooters I’ve played (I’ve always found FPSs boring)” i skipped 3 and 4 cause they looked like more of the same then i played the first modern warfare and by the end of the 4 hour single player campaign i was just astounded by how that much time went by and the game was the same exact thing with less gameplay and somehow made to feel even more linear. This is what happens when money becomes the primary motive for making art. Big brother publishers aren’t killing games, they’re keeping them alive with just enough sustenance to milk that sweet money colored blood to feast upon…
    Game execs are like big stanky chupacabras planting flowers in a corral that hungry wild cows will move in to eat only to sneak in and slaughter one of the baby calfs every midnight while the mothers watch. Then that chupacabra takes a flight to America and buys the publishing rights to some of my favorite games and commands the peon game designers to insert more giant tits and chupacabra headshot blood explosions in narrow hallways and to make it snappy “I want you to make this game and I want you to be finished by next week or the chupacabra will have our heads!1!”

16. Strife212 says:

I don’t get complaints about the quality. It’s meant to look like it’s recorded during a deathmatch. Which it is.

17. Milky1985 says:

That was the worst bit of machanima i have ever seen, even the people doing it “for fun” (i.e. not paid to do it) can do somethign better than that… with better writing…. and jokes that are actually funny.

Worrying thing is on places like eurogamer and ign its seen as funny :/ I weep for the world.

18. rocketman71 says:

I know videos made with Quake in the 90′s that are better than that POS. Even graphically.

Quake was also better than every Call of Duty after Modern Warfare, curiously.