The Cursed Crusade Is A Game

By John Walker on July 25th, 2011 at 12:08 pm.

What I don't but no.

Sometimes people make games. And then during the bit where they’re making them, but before they’re finished making them, they release bits of the game in videos for you to look at. The Cursed Crusade is being made and will be done in October. Below there is a bit of it to look at.

That was a video of a game.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. PoulWrist says:

I would totally play this in an arcade machine while eating frenchfries.

2. Punchbowled says:

No game here. All I see is a metaphor for the Bush administration.

3. Geralt says:

That music in the background…

And Bacon Strips! And Bacon Strips! And Bacon Strips! And Bacon Strips! And Bacon Strips! And Bacon Strips!

• Berzee says:

I listened hard for that, I really did, but I do not hear it.

• lePooch says:

@Berzee
      You obviously have not watched Epic Meal Time

On topic, this trailer is so uninformative, but Atlus still has my goodwill from Demon’s Souls, so I might actually try this.
      I just wish more 3rd person beat-em-ups would borrow from the aesthetic of Too Human instead of God of War or Dante’s Inferno.

4. westyfield says:

Fanboyism or corruption??? I think John is secretly being bankrolled by Atlus!!!!!
    You can’t keep it from us forever John Walker!! or should that be…… John Diamondshoes Bung Walker?!?!?!/1

5. JackShandy says:

You know, people should only start marketing a game after they finish it.

• Corrupt_Tiki says:

But then the money spent marketing would be wasted because everyone would already know it’s a shit game.

• JackShandy says:

No, you see, there’s the brilliance: In this alternate universe, there would be a small window of time where the game was finished, but not yet released.

6. Falcon says:

He so horny!

7. Njordsk says:

I predict a fail for this game

8. idiotapocs says:

me likey

9. LuNatic says:

Quick question, is that instance of curse a verb or a noun?

Templar 1: Have at thou, motherf***er!
    Templar 2: Verily, thou art the son of a bitch!

10. TormDK says:

All this game needs is some pleasing-to-the-eye demonettes to go with it.

And Ninjas, can always use some of those. Oh and pirates!

Maybe a pony?….

• captnknot says:

Aye for ponies!
      The only thing that would lift this game to a level where i would consider play it.

EDIT: If they are cute. I would not like the Demon-pony from hell…. if it did not wield a magic flower above its head.

11. Drake Sigar says:

Appallingly biased article, I’m going back to IGN.

12. ananachaphobiac says:

And then, often after the release of a trailer, fans of gaming everywhere gather on message boards to speculate as to its likely success or failure.

13. inertia says:

But that was too realistic to have been a video of a game! It must have been a video of a video!

• MrEvilGuy says:

Everyone is too negative! Maybe it’s the game itself! Or maybe I’m on a caffeine high

14. itsallcrap says:

I liked the bit where the guy completed objectives by overcoming obstacles.

15. Magnetude says:

This trailer reminded me of Edge of Twilight, a game with terrific trailers, seemingly solid writing and an interesting concept, but was sadly shelved. See for yourselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SateAymKo

All I took away from this post was that this game has nice graphics, teenage art design and is awfully, awfully dramatic.

• The Sentinel says:

MASSIVELY OOOOOOOVER-DRAMATIC, CURSE THE VERY GODS!!!!
      Yeah, it’s a bit much, even for a 30-second teaser video. Not sure I could stand listening to that level of shouty uber-drama throughout an entire game, although I have been playing a lot of Darksiders. Would it kill a developer to hire a decent writer for a change, someone capable of writing nuanced, balanced dialogue?

I now feel sorrow for Edge of Twilight for that looked much better, much classier, than Cursed Crusade.

16. Stranglove says:

Isn’t the guy in the title picture Magneto?

17. Calabi says:

The graphics are a mess. The characters even blend in with the environment at certain points.

18. Cinnamon says:

The sun when it rains blood will take you to the edge of the abyss? I see, I see, I’ll be sure to put that in my notebook so I remember in case I ever see it.

19. mmalove says:

I’ve noticed a not so recent trend in gaming, where everything is on fire. Which is all fine and dandy, but when are we going to get more realistic fire? You know, fire that can spread, through the environment and or actors, creating a dynamic danger zone that actually impacts gameplay, or permanently charring what is burnt?

20. YeOldeSnake says:

It may fail but the trailer looks really well , and the game seems really good.
    I doubt if many people will give up on their mainstream games for at least an hour and try it.
    Its the shame that most of the game community has become.
    Will be totally checking it out though (unless its full priced)

• Gar says:

I also doubt many people will give up their mainstream games to try this out out, but that’s because this game looks like rubbish, not because that gaming community only wants to play AAA releases. Indies seem to be more successful and getting more love and attention than ever.

21. DainIronfoot says:

I’m sure there’ll be another modern shooter coming along soon..

22. stahlwerk says:

So that’s what happened in Dante’s Inferno (2010) between the prologue and the first chapter!

23. RC-1290'Dreadnought' says:

I really don’t like the aesthetics of the place filled with fire. Its just a blurry mess of black, red and yellow. It looks very busy and nothing really draws the eye.

The story is very vague to me, and I don’t see why I should go watch this movie.

24. Undermind_Mike says:

Agreed with a few people above, are we supposed to be able to tell what the jagged black and orange shapes are doing against the black and orange fractal noise?