By John Walker on August 1st, 2011 at 1:27 pm.
I’m very pleased that Really Big Sky is adding a big patch that adds game modes and more, because otherwise I’d never have heard of Really Big Sky. It’s a classic side-scrolling shmup, that almost certainly qualifies for “bullet hell” status. It’s exceptionally pretty, packed with different ways to play, and rather importantly, has controls that – to my cackhanded fists at least – feel more tangible than most. The new features include a really splendid-looking retro mode, of which there’s a video below. And there’s a demo.
By indie team Boss Baddie,
To get started, here is the original trailer for the game:
And because it makes more sense to do it this way, here’s the game’s feature list:
- 7 Juicy, full fat Game Modes
- 3 giant, dynamic Bosses and 15 enemies
- 4 Player Co-op with scalable difficulty
- 15 Powerups, Perk System, New Weapons and the Friendly Mothership
- 20 Achievements
- Giant Lasers – Good and Bad!
- Narration from a cheeky cockney AI
- Full Tutorial and Xbox 360 controller (or compatible) support
- Library and Secret Unlocks
- Smash through solid planets and asteroids, cruise through gas giants
- Comprehensive stat recording system
- Faster, adaptive and addictive gameplay
- Blackhole, Wormhole and loads more new Events
- Hell Cascade Event
Then there’s the new stuff being added, detailed in this retro trailer: