Before Time: Size Five’s Gibbage Goes Free

By Alec Meer on August 5th, 2011 at 6:05 pm.

Is that Den and Ban?

Attention, fans of games made by a studio that used to be called Zombie Cow but is now called Size Five Games. The makers of Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please have released their first ever game Gibbage, a shooty platformer with a particularly neat two player mode, for free. But only for the duration of this weekend. What that means is that you should go here, now. No, not later. Now. Time’s a-wasting. The extra words below will still be here when you get back, don’t you worry.

“Gibbage is a 2D Deathmatch platformer” said Dan Marshall, head of Size Five Games. “It’s kind of a cross between Unreal Tournament, Bomberman and Worms. It was really well received when it was made five years ago, but the Indie Scene has seen such a growth since then a lot of people will have missed it.”

Also, we’ll have an interview with Mr Marshall up here soon, talking about his upcoming game The Swindle, whether Ben and Dan might return and why he changed his name. Just as soon as I can transcribe the hour-long opus that it is.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Frosty says:

Oh Gibbage, I remember playing the demo of you from Zone and emailing Dan telling him that the AI was too good. Then, come release date, I did not buy it. Forever since I have felt that guilt and although I own every Size Five Game I still feel that guilt. So.

Play Gibbage. Play it with a mate/sibling/spouse on the computer. It’s really really FUN.

• Vague-rant says:

“Every Size Five game”? So no Size Five games.

• Frosty says:

Well if you want to be vaguely anal every Zombie Cow game. Except that puzzle one I forget the name of.

2. jonfitt says:

Sweet! I read the developer diaries, but never played it.

3. patricij says:

In other news Atom Zombie Smasher just got added to HIB 3…Man, this is THE time to be gaming on PC… <3 indies, yay

• TsunamiWombat says:

That game was addictive until I beat it. Still like that main theme.

EL PRESIDENTE LIVES

4. rayne117 says:

Is there an AI you can play against or is it only 2 human players on the same computer.

• danthat says:

There’s an AI guy. It’ just that Gibbage was made with late 90s keyboard-sharing games in mind, so it’s always going to be way better when you can nudge/ tickle your opponent to get the upper hand.

• Dave Mongoose says:

Maybe I just suck, but the AI seems quite brutally efficient too.

I’ve beaten it once, but usually the score ends up 500 to 0 in the computer’s favour.