Ride Of The Valkyries: Featuring Prototype 2

By Lewie Procter on August 16th, 2011 at 11:07 am.

Warning: Viewing this image is a spoiler for the teaser trailer

The ESRB warn that this trailer “May contain content inappropriate for children”. I say “Barely contains any content”, but I suppose there isn’t much overlap between mine and the ESRB’s responsibilities. Here’s a 26 second teaser trailer, featuring 6 seconds of Prototype 2 gameplay and 20 seconds of pure tease. It’s somewhat indistinguishable from the first game, except it’s a different bloke.

There’s going to be a proper trailer out tomorrow. If we’re lucky, it will contain some footage that’s worth the time spent waiting for it to load. The first game was great, and Radical have made some of my favourite open world ‘em ups from the last few years, so I’ve got high hopes for this sequel.

They missed a trick by not calling it “Production Design”, though.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Orija says:

Heh, you could ride fighter jets in Just Cause 2.

2. Inigo says:

Well, you have to give them credit for actively avoiding the whole “HAHA AS OF THE LAST GAME I AM NOW COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE OH NO I TRIPPED OVER THIS PEBBLE AND GRAZED MY KNEE NOW MY POWERS ARE ALL GONE AND I’M JUST AS WEAK AS I WAS TO BEGIN WITH” thing.

3. Nallen says:

Prototype 2: Production Version

4. Tei says:

If theres anyone from the game dev team reading this. Please, add in the ini settings the ability to change friction, to put negative numbers. Thanks, this is all.

5. Unaco says:

Where I come from, severe chastisement awaits any man who dares play the Walk├╝renritt while not listening to the whole Ring Cycle. Or while in a Helicopter.

I’ve got my eye on these guys, and it’s nothing to do with their game.

• Renfield says:

A 12-hour teaser would probably be a step too far.

• Unaco says:

12 Hours? What? You missing out the Vorspiel? I mean the WHOLE cycle, not just the Tripartite.

6. timmyvos says:

Isn’t the alttext for the image supposed to be: “Warning: this image is the teaser trailer”?

7. Renfield says:

Wagner. Gamescom. Of course.

8. Wulf says:

I worry they’ve serious’d it up, that would be a shame, as the reason I enjoyed the original was because it abstracted violence to the point of being silly.

I snatched helicopters out of the sky with a giant Mr. Tickle arm.

This looks more in line with inFamous though, much more mainstream and less silly. I hope that’s not the case but I have this nagging feeling…