Mass Effect Vote 2: Pick A Pretend Lady’s Hair

By John Walker on August 18th, 2011 at 12:51 pm.

The only right choice.

I’ve not been paying enough attention, but I don’t remember the Facebook vote for what the Female Shepard should look like being in multiple stages. Perhaps it always was, or perhaps it was a reaction to the phenomenon of this article by Kim Richards, but either way the process is now extended to include a choice for Shepard’s hair colour. Yes, it really has come to this. It’s interesting to note that the blonde hair that was thought to have motivated much of the first round win is currently very far behind. I’m very pleased to report that red hair is currently far ahead, with black hair in second place, far ahead of blonde and brown. (Now I’m just going to build a fort around me to protect myself from my blonde fiancĂ©e.)

, , .

1. Raiyan 1.0 says:

Shepard with no scars?

What a shame.

2. Nallen says:

Fucks given about this topic: 0

3. Wozzle says:

u guys r fgts if u dont want big tits lol i mean really wtf is wrong with u

• Inigo says:

lol u tk him 2 da bar?
      IDK my BFF jill?
      O gd y cnt i rte gd nemre?
      i cnt thnk gdd i thnk m H@vng a szre
      o gd
      hlp
      hlp
      it hrtz
      blrg
      drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      k poop is cming out

4. silverhammermba says:

I have been unable to vote on both topics because I can’t figure out how to “like” the picture on Facebook. That’s depressing…

5. Jake says:

It looks like the next round of voting is up. My personal preference is for number 1 because that is closest to my personal idea of femshep.

6. MajorManiac says:

Given her Red hair, green eyes and fair skin. There is a very strong Celtic-Irish look about her. Does this have a greater significant meaning with American culture and Europe?

7. Milky1985 says:

Its probably because of the “outcry” initally about everyone voting for the (fake) blonde. To placate people a bit on that they can have another vote then if ti is blonde say “see peopel did like the blonde hair” or if not say “they liked the design, see it wasn’t just aboout the hair”

8. Kaldor says:

The problem with the blonde is not that she’s a blonde, but because they never gave anything else but cheap, “unheroic” choices. Sure, you may like some of them, but the question is whether it’s an authentic choice for a protagonist, and if she is as convincing as the male Shepard. In a way, it’s a combination of anything from posture, build, expression, face, hair and context. Bioware clearly likes to build on their “hot/tough biatches” or in this case some average pop culture stereotypes, as opposed to “graduated from military Academy and fought in some wars” stereotype.

9. Ham Solo says:

None of it matters to me, I’ll take my own shep.