Have A Play Of CS:GO At PAX And E2

By Lewie Procter on August 19th, 2011 at 10:43 am.

According to the official twitter account for Counter Strike: Global Offensive, they’re going to be demoing their new game at PAX next week, and at Eurogamer Expo next month. Not only that, but if you turn up to give it a try, you’ll get given a key for the beta. Sounds like a good chance for us to have an RPS vs Readers showdown to me, although if/when I get killed, I’m going to blame it on lag.

Any of you lot going to PAX and/or Eurogamer Expo?

, , , .

1. Milky1985 says:

Ohhhhh eurogamer expo, hopefully its still there sunday so i can have a playabout!

[NOTE] Anyone else noticed that when you log onto RPS it takes you to a profile screen and not back to the page you were on for some reason? Only just spotted it but it may be cause i tend to stay logged in normally.

• Psico_Payaso says:

Yea happened to me too.. Weird..
      Anyway i cant wait to see how cs:go’ll play.. I wont be going to pax or e2, but videos will do. :D

• Milky1985 says:

Just logged in just now and it worked fine and went back to the page, so i guess someone saw this or is working on it at the moment :P

2. skinlo says:

It will only be on consoles at the events.

HermitUK says:

Don’t know if that’s something Valve have confirmed, but EG Expo apparently has a lot more stuff running on PCs this year, so you never know.

Looking forward to EG. Been the last two years and this is looking like the strongest line up yet.

• Starky says:

As with most event demos it’ll be running on PC, but using an xbox controller.

Simply because you can’t stand up and demo a game with a mouse and keyboard.

HermitUK says:

Last year they had Crysis 2 running on PCs with our old friend mouse and keyboard. And with Guild Wars 2 playable at this year’s shindig I’d be very surprised if that resorted to a gamepad.

Not saying CSGO won’t use gamepads, mind, but given the series heritage I’d be surprised if they weren’t at least showing it on a PC with a mouse somewhere on the convention floor (Aforesaid Crysis 2 was running on PCs with mice and 360 boxes with gamepads last year, for instance)

• Geurge says:

Has the pad thing be confirmed? Cause I’ve been watching footage of Gamescom and there’s a lot of games that are being demoed on PC and have mouse/Keybaord setups.

3. sleep_crime says:

I’m more excited about counter-strike than anything else Valve has going on at the moment, and I’m eager to see meaningful progression that doesn’t favor the casual gamer.

• skinlo says:

Valve only has DoTA2 and CSGO atm doesn’t it? I’m personally more interested in the Portal 2 DLC, but thats just me.

• Zakkeh says:

Same here, especially after the somewhat flop of Dota 2, for me at least

• zeroskill says:

What flop? Just because it doest appeal to you personally, its a flop now? Newsflash buddy, the world doesn’t revolve around you.
      Valve has going on alot right now, there are actively working on free DLC for multiple games, like porting the campaigns from L4D1 to L4D2 as well as finishing Cold Stream, Portal 2 free DLC which will include challenge mode and maps for both single and multiplayer, two games in beta (Dota 2 and CS:GO) that are already in a playable state, an unannounced sci-fi project (remember that concept art) and ongoing development for Team Fortress 2. Thats more then most developers can say for themselfs. Also im sure they have more in the works we dont know anything about.

• PickyBugger says:

He said DOTA2 was a flop for HIM not anyone else. Why get so defensive over a comment such as that?

• Radiant says:

@zeroskill this is the 4th or 5th time you decided to rant about nothing. Well done lets go for 10!

• staberas says:

@zeroskill
      “an unannounced sci-fi project (remember that concept art)”

What ?! their working on Prospero?

4. Benny says:

I shall be there for the entire event :D Looking forward to picking this up and getting my game on, after an intense queuing session ofc :(

• Tams80 says:

While you wait you could always browse the intern… O wait.

Keymonk says:

Let’s browse the intern. Not like he’s doing anything anyway.

5. Jockie says:

Heading down London for the Expo this year, the line-up isn’t half bad, but disappointed that it doesn’t look like Bioshock: Infinite will be there.

6. GenBanks says:

Nice!
    Just booked a ticket to the Eurogamer Expo because of this… :p

7. Tams80 says:

Where is our RPS Rendezvous? I’m sure Ubisoft would like to turn up to such an event; what with the bastardized French.

8. Corrupt_Tiki says:

So are they releasing CS 2 still? or is this it?

I don’t really know if I want a different cs experience, cs has always been cs, and god, please no regenerating health and perks/killstreaks. – fairly certain they are not that stupid, but, looking through gaming news lately, maybe there is a brain virus/disease that is slowly creeping into upper management of all major game companies.

• kyrieee says:

It’s not CS2, which doesn’t mean it won’t be different from previous CS games

• zeroskill says:

You can be absolutely sure there wont be anything like regenerating health and perks/killstreaks in CS:GO. They will be adding new weapons and some granades to the game, maybe a comeback of the riot shield, but that as far as it will go most likely.

9. Chris Evans says:

Press pass all sorted for Eurogamer, can’t wait.

10. Cloudwalker says:

I’ll be at PAX next week. I’ll probably stop by the Valve booth and watch some gameplay, but I can’t say I’m massively excited about this. CS never really did it for me.

11. Sharkz says:

Got a press pass for the Thursday and Friday of Eurogamer Expo, really looking forward to play CS:GO!

Hodge says:

Am I the only one who reads the logo as CSI: GO?

HermitUK says:

*Counter-Terrorists Win*

“Looks like this situation… has been defused.”

13. marksn says:

I’ll be there on Saturday and maybe Fri too, I’ll be on one of the careers fair panels :)

14. Stylosa says:

Going to Eurogamer Expo! :)

15. passingstranger says:

What’s the outlook on CS:GO from serious shooting fans?

I was a bit surprised to see that Valve had handed it off to an outside developer again, considering how mediocre the reception was to Turtle Rock’s CS: Condition Zero. I guess Hidden Path has been handling all the recent updates to Source, but that’s still a far cry from actually developing the game. Or am I completely mixing up my genealogies?

• mindlessrant says:

I wouldnt worry that much. As I understand it, Valve didnt just hand the project out, but has hired Hidden Path to help them work on CS:GO. Valve has always been taking in help from outside studios. As for Turtle Rock, they didnt only work on CS:CZ, but also on Left 4 Dead and CS: Source.

16. Geurge says:

Aw yeah, will be going to Eurogamer.

17. barules says:

It isn’t a turn based strategy game from 1987,therefore it sucks.
    FACT.