Fouled In the Box: PES 2012 Demo

By Adam Smith on August 24th, 2011 at 6:00 pm.

This foot-to-ball man only has a 360
Foot-to-ball is coming home. Or at least it will be as soon as you click this direct download link for the PES 2012 demo. As always, perfect to play while lounging on the couch in front of the tellybox. Unless your tellybox is linked to an Xbox 360 in which case, come back to the PC. The 360 demo has been delayed due to those pesky unforeseen circumstances that crop up from time to time! This is the first demo to be released for the game and is based on preview code and it allows you to play ten minute matches with Manchester United, AC Milan, Porto, Napoli, Santos and C.A. Panarol. It’ll be followed by an updated demo mid-September.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Pijama says:

Club Atletico Peñarol*.

Normally I would not pay attention to typos, but when we are talking about the Campeon del Siglo and one of the legendary clubs of South America… :D

2. Mike says:

Foot-to-ball is coming home

It’s co-ming home?

3. Teddy Leach says:

Will the women get their tits out for the lads?

4. TheDreido says:

If I had my xbox controllers at home (I have loaned it to a friend at the moment), then it wouldn’t be an issue.

But awful console port demo is awful console port demo.

• JohnnyMaverik says:

You’re trying to play it with a keyboard? What did you expect…

• TillEulenspiegel says:

If you can’t support a control scheme well, you shouldn’t support it at all. Otherwise, don’t complain about the complaining. Because then I’ll complain about you complaining about the complaining, and it’s all downhill from there.

Also: G’KAR!!!!!!!

• chackosan says:

I actually bought my first PC gamepad to play PES 2011, since the passing and shooting were ridiculously limited with the keyboard’s 8 directional movement. Definitely a major improvement to gameplay – though their gamepad configuration is non-intuitive as hell. Why can’t I change it from inside the game, dammit? Score one for FIFA there.

5. chackosan says:

Based on a few matches at Regular/Professional difficulty, it seems like they’ve sorted out some of the most ridiculous problems from the last one – AI players coming to a sudden stop while chasing balls just because they’ve wandered out of their area, and AI defenders letting you come clean through from the wings and pull back to a teammate in the box. So that’s all of my easy goals gone at the moment. Matter of fact, I still haven’t scored.

The whole ‘new intelligent teammates’ spiel does seem to be legit at first glance; the rest of the team are getting into space and giving me options most of the time. Now I just have to figure out how to make it count.

6. Sigvatr says:

Black supremacy! Heil!

7. MOKKA says:

Unfortunately PES 6 is still better than this one.

8. povu says:

What’s the meaning of this? A PC demo, out first, while the Xbox 360 one is delayed? Madness!

9. Arvind says:

It appears the demo downloads have destroyed the site. All I get while clicking on the demo url is http://sorry.konamionline.com/sorry/

10. JohnnyMaverik says:

Meh, I didn’t like it. Roll on FIFA which I’m sure I won’t like either.

11. Hatsworth says:

Couldn’t care less about football, but I’d love for Konami to have a bigger presence on the PC. Hell, in my Steam region the few games they have released aren’t even available. I could still activate a retail Silent Hill Homecoming copy I found cheap though. I wonder if Metal Gear Solid Rising is still PC-bound…

12. stncttr908 says:

By the way to remove the annoying intro movie just rename the pes12pv.sfd file in your install folder/img to anything else.

Comment on this story