Agent 47 To Attend Eurogamer Expo

By Lewie Procter on September 5th, 2011 at 12:14 pm.

Perhaps not in person, but in spirit. IO Interactive are sending lead producer Hakan Abrak to give a presentation on Hitman: Absolution to the good people attending E2 this year. We’ve already had a sneaky peak at some early footage of Hitman 5 in action, but hopefully this will be a chance to see it being played properly, and prod at the mind of the bloke producing it.

We’ll be there, front row hopefully. Listen out for me asking Hakan how many guns are in his game.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. ReV_VAdAUL says:

I never realised before, but that picture of Agent 47 looks a lot like Joaquin Phoenix. David Letterman’s days could well be numbered.

2. Moni says:

I hope Hitman Absolution has a hat DLC tie-in with Team Fortress 2.

3. Koozer says:

They should hire an actual assassin to roam the hall. First person to find a body and live gets first go on the game.

4. Kollega says:

I have a question, o mighty RPS hivemind. Why was Hitman: Subtitle so unjustly forgotten? It did seem rather funny to me.

5. Super Bladesman says:

How will you know Agent 47 isn’t there though? Surely if you knew he was there, he’d have to reload himself back to being outside again, and then come back in?

6. poop II says:

woop hope this one doesnt turn out to be another XCOM, early signs arent looking good :/

7. max pain says:

Will there be silenced revolvers?

8. JohnnyMaverik says:

Is there any chance that we’ll get so see a pc build presented? It’s not a sticking point, but it always helps when you don’t have to run a constant “ok so how will that work with a mouse and keyboard” translation through your head while being presented with control and general gameplay mechanics.

Also who, out of the RPS writers actually work for Eurogamer? I always get confused as to who is an actual Eurogamer employee, who does the odd bit of freelance work for Eurogamer and who doesn’t really have anything to do with Eurogamer at all beyond perhaps being a “friend of”.

Also, who of the RPS writers will be at the expo, and is there anywhere where I’m most likely to be able to go and stand at a safe distance, shuffle nervously and glare at them suspiciously while wondering how to approach them?

I have no further questions.

Edit: My comment kept getting flagged as spam, in the end I narrowed it down to the word o-c-c-a-s-i-o-n-a-l… so yea, idk.

Edit, edit: I think it was that word in connection to freelance work, which kind of makes sense I guess.

• Lewie Procter says:

Not a clue on which format they will be showing it on, but at the very least you can ask them PC specific questions if you like.

I’m going to be there for sure. I did a column for Eurogamer for a while (was like a mid week, multiformat bargain bucket), but they decided to end it after a few months. I think Jim and Alec are going to be there too, but no John.

We’re planning on having RPS drinks in a nearby pub, details tbd.

9. Corrupt_Tiki says:

Yay, Mr.Barcode is back! and more badass than ever I hope, I can’t wait to garrote unsuspecting guards. and in the game.

10. Randdalf says:

Hitman: Splinter Cell: Conviction Edition

is the vibe I am getting from that leaked footage. Not that that’s a bad thing, I enjoyed Conviction.

11. Lazaruso says: