The Secret Of Serious Sam’s Pockets

By Alec Meer on September 12th, 2011 at 9:16 pm.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yourself

Part 2 of Croteam/Devolver Digital’s crazed Serious Sam 3: BFE Helpline videos is here! And we’re going to post it even though we posted the last one like five minutes ago or something! Because it’s very funny! And it contains the much-speculated-upon answer to how one man can carry so many cannonballs! Have a good evening!

And, if you missed it, here’s the snarkier first installment. Big talk, Sam. You’d better live up to all this peer-mocking, muscle-flexin’ bravado, y’hear?

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Echo Black says:

“R Reload”

Uuuuh, what? That’s a shotgun, right? You have to reload it in SS3? :(

• kyrieee says:

I always bind reload to ‘t’

• Njordsk says:

Triload is a word, I’m sure about that !

• Brumisator says:

I loved how almost every button anywhere near WASD was bound to jump, it got the point across very bluntly and efficiently.

• Leo says:

It’s a detachable box magazine … on a shotgun – you’ll survive I promise.

• Echo Black says:

I mean, there was no reloading in the previous SS titles. The shotgun fired straight from your total shell count, Doom-style. Only the revolver(s) had a “reload” and it was just a brief animation meant to add a slight cooldown every 6/12 shots in order not to have it be too useful (one could see this was the case by observing the fact you could bypass reloading them by simply switching to/back from another weapon). Are we going to get regular reloads for every weapon in SS3? :/

• Devenger says:

I’m going to guess that only some weapons will have reloads (because reloading a minigun would be silly, right?). There’s a fun to be had in desperately reloading things whilst terrors approach, so I’m fine with a bit of R Reload.

2. McDan says:

Excellent, thoroughly excellent. More games should do things like this, the developers need their velvet covered jetskis.

3. Out Reach says:

LOL

4. Hmm-Hmm. says:

..a serious disregard for personal safety?

5. Drake Sigar says:

You need to tell me if another episode comes out, because I can’t get enough of these and am unwilling to do things for myself.

6. MattM says:

In a lot of cover based shooters there is a huge difference between what taking cover does for the player and what it does for the enemies. When the play takes cover they become invincible. The AI won’t flank them and the player can always pop down to regenerate health, but the player can pick off the AI even while it is taking cover by zooming in and shooting a foot or top of the head. Ever tried to pop-up, aim, and fire in under a second? While under fire? A modern rifle may be very accurate but these games way overestimate a persons ability to aim while under pressure. It is excusable in games where it improves play, but in cover shooters it makes the whole thing too easy.
    I think Mass Effect 2 is a particularly egregious example. The feel of the guns and moving was much better than ME1, but I almost never felt challenged and every fight played out the same due to the cover system.

7. asshibbitty says:

buy shoes

8. Thork says:

I see that they have returned to the previous crosshairs in other Serious Sam games as opposed to the ones shown in previous gameplay videos. Interesting.

9. donmilliken says:

Oh come on, it’s no mystery how the Headless Kamikazes scream. The sound is obviously coming directly out of their neckholes!

10. Bhazor says:

If I could mod replacing Kamikaze screams with this would be my first thought.

11. DeanLearner says:

How come croteam (or the people they get to do them) are so good at funny trailers?

Comment on this story