Alvy Singer Presents The Darkness II

By Alec Meer on September 26th, 2011 at 11:43 am.

'Quite Dark II', I call it

If you’re one of those oxygen-wasting oiks who feels compelled to snarkily observe upon the relative advanced age of things you see on the internet, a) do be quiet b) team RPS has been busy attending the EG Expo and then The Wedding of Walker so we’re still catching up with all the gameosity that bobbed to the surface of this endless electronic ocean over the last few days. Next is a story trailer for 2K/Digital Extremes’ demonic manshooter/manmangler The Darkness II. Which reminds me, I still need to write a preview about this based on what I saw of it at Gamescom. My notes mostly just say ‘IT’S SO NOISY’ repeatedly, though. Then there are some damp, streaky marks that I can only imagine are tear-stains. Which is odd, given I wrote those notes on a laptop.

I never knew Woody Allen was so interested in first-person shooters based on comicbooks.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Jazz42 says:

‘This recaps the first game, so if you didn’t play/finish that and ever intend to, don’t watch this because SPOILERS AAAAAARGH SPOILERS OH GOD THE SPOILERS WILL DESTROY ANY PURPOSE OR MEANING WE HAVE IN LIFE HOW COULD WE EVER ENJOY OURSELVES AGAIN IF WE READ SPOILERS.’

and here i thought I was the only one who found this whole ‘spoilers’ nonsense rather pathetic.

I loved the first game, shame that it’s Nolan ‘I’ll do anything for a quid’ North voicing it this time, rather than that bloke from Fringe. He did a fantastic job..but what can you do?

edit: Wow, that is loud…and is that supposed to be Wenders?

2. Grygus says:

I only watched the trailer to hear a Woody Allen-style narration. Not disappointed.

3. JackShandy says:

The problem I’m seeing here is that there’ll be no room for the best bits of the original; you blaze through the mob brutally gutting everyone in your path, then go and watch To Kill a Mockingbird with your girlfriend. That was beautiful! It made the overblown goreaction mean something! Doubt we’ll see any more of that with his GF in a fridge.

4. Zulthar says:

The Darkness is by far the most underrated FPS this gen. Loved every second of it. Unique gameplay and a intense world and story.

Too bad Starbreeze isn’t making the sequel, I’m cautiously optimistic…

5. CaspianRoach says:

Too bad the first game was only released on playtoys, I’d play it otherwise.

6. mzcclin says:

Top game goods in http://bit.ly/qkDqbZ ,there can help you to play games so easy

7. kud13 says:

how about if you preorder on PC, you get a port of the original?
    i’d buy it. i’ve heard many good things about the original.

8. gummybearsliveonthemoon says:

I know nothing about this comic, but it seems like the sort of drek Image would put out in the 90s. And there would be a cross over with Pitt and Savage Dragon and Shadowhawk.

• Jazz42 says:

….that’s actually what it pretty much was/is.
      Top Cow is a spin off from Image. But to be fair this is Garth Ennis’ baby…so it has some pedigree.

9. max pain says:

But can you play non-lethal?

Comment on this story