DXHR: Missing Link Spoilers Video Thing

By John Walker on October 11th, 2011 at 10:04 am.

The pointiest of all the beards.

Do you want to know what happens in the second half of the Deus Ex DLC, The Missing Link? No, nor me. But for some reason that’s information Eidos have put into a walkthrough trailer, narrated by game designer Antoine Thisdale. You can watch it below, if you like to know what happens far in games before you’ve played them.

LA LA LA I’M NOT LISTENING.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Yargh says:

That’s ok, I have zero intention of buying any DLC, so I can watch this without fear of spoilers.

• tetracycloide says:

I have every intention of buying it, watched the video, and to be honest I can’t tell what all the fuss is about. Is telling more about the setting for the DLC a ‘spoiler?’ There’s literally no character names, almost no dialogue, no plot details, no story, no nothing really.

• perruci says:

I was just seeking this info for some time. After six hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your site. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this type of informative websites in top of the list. Generally the top sites are full of garbage. agen bola ibcbet

2. Jajusha says:

I don’t think i have the DLC that allows me to watch that DLC video.

3. Bob says:

I’m pointlessly saying I’m not watching, annoying huh? Well it’s not nearly as annoying as showing a “how to” before a game, or in this case some DLC, is released.

Edit: That’s aimed at the publishers not RPS btw.

• Sheng-ji says:

I completely agree, however, I expect the point is to use it as a marketing tool for those who had already decided they’re not going to buy the pack.

4. Groove says:

I didn’t ask for this.

5. PoulWrist says:

I wonder why. Like, I can watch this now, and then not having to pay for it? Nice one Ubi :) makes up for putting the game on the DRM Monster and Junkie Salesplatform Steam.

6. Durkonkell says:

What the hell?! That’s like releasing an extended edition of a film, but putting all the new, extended bits on YouTube first…

7. 2late2die says:

I know Eidos want people excited about this DLC but there’s gotta be a way to do it without spoiling the story. Especially given that being a DLC it’s gonna be a shorter one anyway. What I want to know now is when, I hope that by “October release” they didn’t mean Oct. 31st.

8. Temple says:

Games are the new movies!
    Exactly what happens with movie trailers: ‘Here is the entire movie condensed into two minutes so now you don’t have to watch it’
    Tend to prefer the trailers as well, lot less time wasted.

9. amorpheous says:

I have no intention of paying for any DLC. Ever. I’ll save myself the time and money and watch this.

10. Pemptus says:

He used the robot to kill two enemies and got a measly 30 xp out of that! I couldn’t live with myself if I did that.

• Srethron says:

When he could have down a (UT announcer voice) stun double takedown for 125 xp? This is what is wrong with the world.

11. Real Horrorshow says:

Maybe they can fix the half second audio delay for me and countless others, then we’ll talk about DLC.

Right now I’d throw my copy in the garbage if it had a physical existence.

12. LintMan says:

WTF – did the game’s DESIGNER actually call the game “deuce-ex”, multiple times? Really? REALLY?

Also, to me, it didn’t look to me like this was a walkthrough of “the second half” of the game at all. Not really much at all in terms of what I’d consider spoilers.

Comment on this story