Jetpackasaurus: Orion Prelude Footage

By John Walker on October 11th, 2011 at 3:51 pm.

Oh no, it's a sixer! They don't love families nearly enough! (I do my in-jokes for a very small crowd.)

There are a number of games wise enough to be including dinosaurs of late, but few have had the sense to also put in jetpacks. (Never forgetting Jetpack Brontosaurus of course.) That’s why Orion: Prelude keeps catching our eye. The team say they’re just through a big internal deadline, and to celebrate they’ve put together some footage of their latest accomplishments. Which are mostly dinosaurs and jetpacks in a very pretty world pre-alpha multiplayer. Take a look below.

Perhaps it’s not going to be helped by the uncannily similar arrival of Fox’s Terra Nova – possibly not the world’s greatest example of dinosaur-themed entertainment. Especially when that show’s characters mostly seem to be wearing videogame armour (while pleading with each other about the importance of family) and driving around in Halo’s buggies. But put thoughts of that nonsense out of your head as you watch the following, which features a new map called Oasis, and a T-Rex showing off new AI skills as it flips jeeps and gobbles people up.

You can register for the multiplayer beta here.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Tams80 says:

Do so very much want.

2. Brahms says:

This looks rubbish. I don’t see any onions anywhere. Don’t even see any chives.

The dinosaurs look like they’d be a right good laugh once you get to know them though.

• Chris D says:

Of course you can’t see any onions, it’s a prelude. The onions turn up later.

• PleasingFungus says:

Brahms, I know what you’re referencing, and even I’m a bit perplexed about why you brought it up here. Something to do with the alt-text…?

• westyfield says:

@PleasingFungus
      Isn’t it because the title looks a bit like “Onion Prelude” if you read it fast?

3. inertia says:

I’m sorry, I just can’t watch slow-motion footage for that long without wanting to hurt things.

• RiptoR says:

*hands over the graphics designer from his current web-programming job*

Here, don’t hold back please, the bugger deserves all the hurting you can give him…

Napalm Sushi says:

Slo-mo: making 30 second teasers look like 2.5 minute trailers since 1999!

5. Kaira- says:

Dinosaurs in multiplayer games like this reminds me of Turok 2, and playing as a raptor. Needless to say, I was horribly bad, but the amount of fun we had. Oh boy.

And well, this game doesn’t look half bad either.

6. Jan Zhizhka says:

Isn’t this the game that stole a bunch of assets from a myriad of games, a bunch of sound-files from Half-Life, and looks overall rubbish?

And didn’t it turn out to be essentially a scam?

EDIT: here’s the PAX preview showing the stolen assets and terrible sound quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-yY4XDWT18

• rargphlam says:

Primal Carnage, which is where the T-rex model in that particular trailer is from, and the guy who “does” Orion got into it a bit over that, and I can just say, from what I’ve heard, the Orion guy sounds like a bit of an exploitative prick.

• MrWeed says:

Most of this stuff is just placeholders, though.
      From what I know Spiral got some new designers that are working on the final versions of all the vehicles, props, characters etc. right now and they are going to look completely different.
      This is still pre-Alpha and, once again, they use a lot of placeholders.

• rargphlam says:

Placeholders, that again, are taken from other games without so much of a mention as to where they are taken from. If that doesn’t set off alarm bells, I don’t know what would.

• MrWeed says:

Well, don’t judge the unfinished product. Just wait for the final build and all the proper models and we’ll see how much got actually “stolen”. Until now Spiral concentrated on AI behaviour and overall game mechanics.

• rargphlam says:

My concern isn’t with core gameplay or engine conceits, rather it is with the duplicitous behavior of the the developer. The game could be good and all is well, I still would not put money down for it due to the apparently abusive behavior that is behind the creation of the game.

• DzX says:

‘Until now Spiral concentrated on AI behaviour and overall game mechanics.’

Who cares if that’s true [it’s not considering they built a whole game on Source previously] taking other indie titles art assets is ridiculous.

7. BarerRudeROC says:

So from what we know that which each trailer the devs have stolen:

CS:S sounds
    Primal Carnage T-rex model
    Natural Selection 2 Armoury

Along with basing all their models on art from Halo (Spartans and vehicles) and Crysis.
    People like this why?

• DzX says:

Because it uses overly bloomed lighting and steals tried and tested mechanics from better games?

8. FROmatoe says:

The lead dev of this game, David Prassel I believe his name is, has a real bad history of giving the finger to…pretty much everyone. Maybe like a year ago when Orion was just a mod for Source engine, he did some really shady stuff, fired a handful of the team and paid them incorrectly. I’ll keep my eyes on this but I’ll jump the minute he does something fishy.

• DzX says:

How many incidents of stolen assets, mistreatment of team members and general doucheness do you need to ignore this bland game at all costs?

You mention the Source game; have you not heard about the latest incidents?

9. irongamer says:

I haven’t followed this title, but are all the people raging about copied assets just complaining about things like stock sounds and textures that anyone can buy and put in their game? Or is there some nefarious work involved with this title?

• Linfosoma says:

@irongamer:

No, they are talking about actual game assets taken directly from other games, some of them indie projects. Not to mention staff that never got paid and donations asked to fund the game development that were actually used to pay travel expenses to PAX (I guess this one’s debatable, depends on wether you consider advertisement a part of development or not).

• irongamer says:

Yikes

10. Sgt. Spoon says:

for god sake!

stop raging at the game! It’s just in pre alpha.

Okay the armory is also used in natural selection 2. It was made by one of their former freelancers and is now only used as a placeholder instead of a big box.

And the T-rex. Yeah the artist used to work with Primal Carnage before he left and started to work for Orion. So it’s just the same artist, but a new T-rex.

And for the “CSS sound” and halo likness. I’m sorry but how the hell?

It doesn’t sound like it at all. They may not be so epic but they’re also mainly just placeholders from their own source beta.

The halo like armor they used to have is really old. These new armors doesn’t look anything like halo. And the buggy. What? Do you really think it look like halo’s warthog just because it has a driver seat, a passenger seat and a turret, or what? I looks more like a future version of the Humvee, and that’s also a placeholder.

• DzX says:

Is this a joke post, or just really ignorant?

It’s not in ‘pre-alpha’, that would imply the game isn’t feature complete – the very fact they are having a beta discounts the notion they’re in that stage of development…

The armory was ripped off Natural Selection 2 and used in a trailer designed to sell the game to other people…furthermore why the hell would you go through all the work of modelling a placeholder that detailed? Either way people, rightfully, raged at the stolen assets – especially given the projects dubious history.

Incorrect; it’s the same picture edited [badly] by another artist if comments from Primal Carnage’s developers are any indication [and I’d trust their word over the Orion Dev team].

You need an explanation on the Halo likeness? From your post it seemed like you’d following this train-wreck for a while…They aren’t ‘placeholders’ – you don’t create and program in models of that detail if you plan them to be placeholders as an indie – it’s more like they’ve changed them after the significant backlash.

• MrWeed says:

DzX, why so butthurt about this?
      If you would have the slightest idea of what is going on over at Spiral and in the forums, you would shut up immediately. The team of Spiral has swapped members a lot past the last few months, but this is just because the old freelancers didnt bring the results and didnt stick to deadlines. In any other company that is out for profit it would have been the same, the negative impact on Spiral was only because some of the fired guys were angry and started internet raging against the CEO.
      There is no shadyness behind this, just business.
      And how you dare to call the hard working devs of Spiral thieves, only because they are using models and textures that are very old and originally done by guys that were working for them, but then got fired. Until there is something new, why shouldnt they use those as placeholders rather than designing something new?
      This game and the team has a long story, this was formerly a Source mod, this explains the CS sounds etc. Even the Source game was far from finished, there were always placeholders and the designs and models got changed and swapped several times. After buying the Unreal 3 license, they of course started from scrap and why would they bother to do new placeholder stuff if they could just borrow until their own creations are ready.
      You finally need to understand that this is FAR from finished and it’s just a very open developing process, this is why they release videos. To keep the fans satisfied and let them have part in the developing process.
      And now stop embarassing yourself by spreading false statements and putting people that are interested in this game off by just saying stupid things.

• Scout Dash says:

Yes it is on pre-alpha do you at least have seen the first 10 seconds of the trailer??????

Also the armory is not detailed, it do not open and close, yeah it was an bad choice to put the amory on it, but still just an placeholder

About the t-rex: http://vimeo.com/12147863

Yes he worked in primal carnage his name is eugene tay also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY8sd2BQ5BI

It says mesh and textures created by… guess who, eugene tay

And the model is placeholder, and it looks like a god damm Humvee and a humvee looks like an god damn warthog

• rargphlam says:

Hello David Prassel.

• Scout Dash says:

lolwut

No i not david, not even an dev, just an guy of the forum

ps: David would never make scout dash as an nick, he dont like mlp :C

If you not talking about me then sorry my fault

• MrWeed says:

Nope, it’s just me, Gabe Newell.

Sigh, I am not David, just someone that is fed up with all those trolls spreading false statements about Spiral and David. So please, go away.

• DzX says:

‘DzX, why so butthurt about this?’

—————-

Says the guy who then proceeds to write a massive posts about this very subject with little substance to back up his remarks; such a childish comment doesn’t exactly paint you in an intellectual light throughout the rest of your post. I don’t even have that much interest in this project, frankly the game looks generic as hell, but this has got to be one of the ‘shadiest’ indie development projects I’ve seen [as in the dirty laundry has been aired so publically] and as a result I have an interest in pointing out how bad it appears to an outsider. You clearly have some vested interest in this project.

‘Everything Sgt. Spoon mentioned is true and explains the placeholder content in the game.’
      ————————
      You can’t ‘explain’ using other indie teams content in promotional trailers and images.

‘The team of Spiral has swapped members a lot past the last few months, but this is just because the old freelancers didnt bring the results and didnt stick to deadlines.’
      ——————————-
      That’s not the information the majority are preaching at all; in fact the information lauded about is that some of those ‘fired’ in the initial incidents were some of the hardest workers. Either way the fact people have been ‘fired’ at all [I assume without being paid given that was the reason there was a large out-cry about their behavior last time this occurred] is pretty pathetic given it’s an indie game run over the net…

‘In any other company that is out for profit it would have been the same, the negative impact on Spiral was only because some of the fired guys were angry and started internet raging against the CEO.’
      —————————–
      That explains why Spiral took down their moddb page and pretty much severed all links with other promotional sites beyond their own forums, to clear their name right? -_-

‘There is no shadyness behind this, just business.’
      ————————–
      The very fact the ‘shadiness’ of this project is brought up [and not just by me, as you can see from these comments alone] every-time any news is brought up [on a variety of forums] displays otherwise. Spiral either suck at marketing [which to be honest they do given the amount of stolen assets they’ve managed to reveal they’ve, at some point, had in the game] or more likely the sheer amount of ‘shady’ information leaked from development of this project has ensured this reputation will remain constantly. You’ve certainly done nothing to convince me otherwise given the weakness of your defense and the aforementioned childish name-calling.

‘And how you dare to call the hard working devs of Spiral thieves, only because they are using models and textures that are very old and originally done by guys that were working for them,’
      —————————-
      Wait, so the entire development team has changed between now and the last trailer? I doubt it.

‘Until there is something new, why shouldnt they use those as placeholders rather than designing something new?’
      ———–
      Because these ‘placeholder’ are stolen assets from other indie titles…wow did you really miss that point? ‘Placeholders’ could just be a blank bit of BSP for all I care, but using another teams art assets is unforgivable. Imagine the uproar if a MW3 trailer used the Halo Warthog in their trailers…yes it’s a different level of development and there’s clearly trademarks and so forth on the design, but just imagine how ridiculous that sounds. Because this incident is identical.

‘After buying the Unreal 3 license’
      ——————–
      Is this a UDK or an Unreal 3 project? If it’s Unreal 3 [as you imply] they wasted a lot of money licensing an engine for a game they could have easily made in UDK…

“why would they bother to do new placeholder stuff if they could just borrow until their own creations are ready.”
      ————————
      They had tons of ‘placeholder’ assets at their disposal…a whole MP mods worth in fact; so why did they feel the need to steal from other indie teams and then use said assets to promote their game?

“And now stop embarassing yourself’
      ——————-
      Given some of the, frankly absurd, statements you’ve come out with in this post I’m amazed you have the gall to claim that…

————————————————————————————————————————

“It says mesh and textures created by… guess who, eugene tay”

Um…don’t mean to burst your bubble but I never claimed the T-Rex model was stolen. Orion stole concept Art of that Dinosaur from Primal Carnage and posted it on Moddb claiming it was their own. This is the reason I don’t doubt other claims about them.

They were called out on it and removed the images quickly, further implying their own guilt.

• MrWeed says:

Congratulations. You successfully took my post apart, adding a reversed meaning to each of my sentences while claiming various things without bringing a proof. You essentially performed the same thing you accused me of doing, only using more and fancier words. I am sincerely sorry for misspelling various words and me behaving that “childish”, while offending your illustrious mind. If you could excuse me now, I will get back to speaking my native language.

• Scout Dash says:

Look at the art part, there is eugene tay name there

Also he aparentely had an website but it is down: http://jaxel.byethost8.com/euge/index.php

The description of it says that he is an concept and 3D artist(if you dont belive me search on google eugene tay concept artist)

• DzX says:

Scout Dash: It doesn’t matter who the artist is – they can’t re-use work they’ve produced for another project. Not to mention at the time of this mess the artist, to my knowledge, was part of Lukewarm. I doubt Lukewarm don’t force their employees to sign NDA’s and so forth given how professional they general are; all I know is the method of gaining concept art was not through traditional channels – it was rather a case of Lukewarm showing off their image – Spiral then stole it and
      produced a paint-over – then put it on Moddb.

MrWeed: Wow; you completely missed the point didn’t you? I point out all kinds of logical issues with your reasoning in that post, and successfully back up my claims of stolen content. You just kind of went ‘it’s fine they use placeholders’ without seemingly to realize it’s not alright to use over teams designs…if you really beleive it’s perfectly acceptable in any promotional work, to use other teams assets…well let’s just say I hope you personally don’t produce indie games.

Why are you trying so desperately to defend Spiral?

• Gorgoth says:

DzX, I think you’re missing the point here. This isn’t some shabby attempt at marketing, the Dev’s were simply showing some new footage to us on the forums so we can see early pre-alpha footage of the game that we paid for when we donated.

Stealing is wrong but what have they stolen here? Nope I didn’t think anything was stolen either since I also have no such proof. Don’t treat me like some sort of retarded delinquent who can’t read because I have read all your previous posts, and while the topics you raise are pressing ones, they are also false accusations. In a situation like this where everything is word of mouth over the internet, there is no proof. You just have to pick a side or stay out of it. I’d love to stay out of it, but unfortunately I would like to play this game, and since a multiplayer title is only as good as it’s fanbase, I would appreciate If you stop driving away the future fanbase.

If you don’t even want this game, then why devote so much of your time to defending someone else’s word of mouth. Please don’t respond, that’s your homework for today, just think about it and ask yourself: “Why am I even bothering?”

• DzX says:

“This isn’t some shabby attempt at marketing, the Dev’s were simply showing some new footage to us on the forums so we can see early pre-alpha footage of the game that we paid for when we donated. ”

———————————————–
      Bullshit – they featured the trailer on a number of sites including RPS; this was clearly not ‘just for the forum dwellers’.

“Stealing is wrong but what have they stolen here?”
      ———————————————–

Over the course of the games inception? Concept Art and model design – both from other indie titles that they then used publically to advertise their game.

“Don’t treat me like some sort of retarded delinquent who can’t read because I have read all your previous posts, and while the topics you raise are pressing ones, they are also false accusations.”
      ———————————————-

You gain respect through bringing up valid points; not begging for it.

“In a situation like this where everything is word of mouth over the internet, there is no proof.”
      ———————————————-
      Apart from the videos and images that clearly show the stolen content.. -_-

“I’d love to stay out of it, but unfortunately I would like to play this game, and since a multiplayer title is only as good as it’s fanbase, I would appreciate If you stop driving away the future fanbase. ”
      ——————————————–
      Yeah, how dare I point out the highly public knowledge that this team has used other indie teams assets to promote their game in the past.

“If you don’t even want this game, then why devote so much of your time to defending someone else’s word of mouth”
      ——————————————-
      It’s not word of mouth when there’re images and videos of the very things they are accused off…

“Please don’t respond, that’s your homework for today, just think about it and ask yourself: “Why am I even bothering?””
      ——————————————
      I’m ‘bothering’ because you bring up some poor logical reasoning.

• Gorgoth says:

Lol’s to that!

Look’s to me like someone didn’t do their Homework. Allow me to express my concerns using carefully selected words that you should be able to understand. “You’re Stupid”

Go ahead; Insult me if you think it’ll make a difference. I specifically told you not to respond since there was no point and now look where we are! I would like to congratulate you though on entertaining me greatly, your ignorance is a prime trait of yours and you should treasure it dearly. I’m half betting you’ll reply to this calling me ignorant for simply brushing away your accusations of “stolen content”, but to be honest I couldn’t care less since it’s obvious you’re not going to be persuaded regardless. Keeping in mind that this could have been avoided by simply accepting the fact that you are dealing with Orion fans who trust the developer and will refute all your accusations no matter what they are, because they wish to play this game wether you approve of it or not. Have a great day.

• DzX says:

Amusing – your point is ‘lol you’re stupid because you responded to me when I told you not to’?

Again, respect needs to be earnt, not demanded; and your horrible arguments need dismissing as the nonsense they are. The fact you’re unable to respond to these and instead turn to such childish and unintelligent comments furthers my point.

Finally you admit your fanboyism as blind, claiming ‘you are dealing with Orion fans who trust the developer and will refute all your accusations no matter what they are’ – which, from your own comments it would imply you are.

Your logic is again, horrible at best.

• Scout Dash says:

The funny part is that, if they hire the guy that made the concept art it will start a flame-war because there was no apparent reason for it

Also only one guy made the concept art

• Scout Dash says:

Also it is very, very obvious why spiral took down moddb, i mean how they are suposed to handle that flame-war??????

And lolwut hardest workers?????? dude do you know the internet??????

11. Badgercommander says:

Ain’t no smoke without a fire.

I was on those forums and saw some pretty shady stuff even there. So please don’t jump to the defence of this guy when you can’t even see what’s in front of your own nose.

12. Mollusc Infestation says:

I’ve been watching Terra Nova, just so i can get angry about their liberal use of artistic license with the dinosaurs. And the annoying characters.

amishmonster says:

Yeah, I really hope it starts improving. I don’t want them to waste the premise! I enjoyed the third episode MORE, though I can’t tell if I’m just getting the dinosaur version of Stockholm Syndrome.

• baby snot says:

God Terra Nova sucks. I’m all for redemption stories but why did they make the lead of the show a moron who couldn’t be arsed to get a vasectomy and not violate the two child policy. I mean the show is set so far in the future that surely family planning options would seem like magic compared to getting the snip today. What a douche.

As for Orion Prelude. DINOSAURS. Trailer looks identical to last one.

amishmonster says:

Yeah, and we’re supposed to feel sorry for him? Because a two-child policy is SOOOO restrictive, what a horror the world must have become to require such “drastic” measures. Eesh.

13. Joe W-A says:

I’m disappointed every time I see RPS giving attention to these thieving arseholes – or, to be fair on the team, this thieving arsehole.

David Prassel steals shit. That’s what he does. Any game developer will tell you that you don’t rip assets out of other people’s games and use them as placeholders. That does not happen! It’s not a harmless temporary asset, it’s theft. You also don’t paint over parts of another mod’s t-rex mesh and call that your concept art. You don’t get your team working hard on an E3 presentation and then fire them the day before and still use their work without paying them. You don’t raise 20 grand on Kickstarter and then run off with it.

RPS is typically great at covering controversy like that which surrounds this mod without taking sides, but when it comes to Orion you’ve missed it completely, every time. How’s this happening?

• Scout Dash says:

I dont really like these placeholders content thing, but i still like the game

About the t-rex concept art, just read my posts, scroll up

About the team, read mrweed post, scroll up

• Joe W-A says:

What’s your argument, here? That their game not being finished, or that they know the guys who made some of the assets they stole, makes it okay to steal assets?

• Scout Dash says:

I not saying that the devs can use the armory, i dont like of them using the NS2 armory

• Scout Dash says:

14. Joe W-A says:

reply fail

15. Sgt. Spoon says:

Just read the former posts.

The T-rex isn’t the same. It’s just the same artist. Same style, different T-rex. And while looking at both of them you clearly see big differences. For example PC:s T-rex’s head is way lot bigger to it’s body than Orions. Other than that. 2 T-rexes look a bit like each other, no way! Seriously?

And they haven’t stolen anything. The models where created by former artists for Orion. They are just using them until they can be replaced.

And you clearly don’t know much about game development. A lot of models, textures and such that are made are never going to be in the full game. It’s like that in approximately every game thats made, so don’t come here and say otherwise.

But as I understand we’ll never come to an agreement about this, too bad.

• Randorine says:

David Prassel just announced that it WAS ,in fact, Primal Carnage’s rex
      “That being said there was an instance when we released a very old concept of the T-Rex that later proved to be a draw over of one of primal carnages concepts.”
      Stated here http://spiralforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2036

Even without him admitting it, even if you even looked at the overlay someone did of both rex, you can tell, by looking at the feet, that the shadow is in exactly the same spot

Also,anyone can see Eugene doesn’t have PC’s rex in his portfolio

But a completely different person ,Henrique Naspolini, does

in other words, Eugene didn’t make the rex. This is even stated on PC’s forums.

I believe that Orion prelude will be a fun game to play, and I enjoy the look of their armored humans and humanoids quite a bit, as well as the dinosaurs’ skins. However they need to pick up what they dropped, and try a bit harder to make themselves be seen in a better light, and turn some heads back the other way once more, as there is no denying, that the public is starting to see OP in a bad way.

As far as placeholder NS2 armory is concerned. Yes, Spiral Game studios can totally use the armory.. just not publically. That’s the problem. If they have a placeholder like that, that’s actually from another game like NS2, it’s very simple, don’t show it off and there won’t be flak against you for it. SGS messed up a bit with this, SGS also admitted that it WAS the NS2 armory.
      However, by saying ‘yeah we can use whatever because other companies do it all the time, and nothing is truly unique’ you are also saying that it would be perfectly fine, for anyone looking to make their own game, to go and take whatever they want, from SGS, put it in their game, and say how wonderful a job their own company did in making everything in said video, and never allude to it being from another game. In other words, anyone can take something that SGS put their blood sweat and tears into, call it their own,but then turn around and say it is ‘just a placeholder’ instead of making their own placeholder,as well as flaunting said placeholder around.

Anything would have been better as a placeholder, like a capsule-like object that opens up, hands ammo out/heals the player, and simply closes back up. But not using something someone worked hard into making into another game.

• Scout Dash says:

I agree prety much with you, but if eugene worked at primal carnage he maye could have seen the t-rex model before leaving right?

• Randorine says:

While yes, they could have completely seen the newer rex model, the issue is that there’s no way he could replicate it the way that is shown without it being a literal copy. The stripes on the tail have the same width, as well as spacing, the same shading is on the arm, same vein/skin fold down the side of the belly,and neck, same stripe position on the thighs,the vein/skin flap on the underside of the tail, nearly identicle scutes down the back and on the thighs, the shadow lines up perfectly with PC’s rex’s shadow on the legs and feet, the scales on the feet line up perfectly as well. It would have been easily forgiven if they didn’t have PC rex’s scutes along the back, at least, and had spike-like ridges down the back instead and, where the mid ridge of the scutes is, have boney protrusions as well.. anything that would show ‘yeah its pretty much the same model, but we’re at least TRYING to make our own rex,not just a brown version of yours with a different head’

Either way, the whole ‘well he designed the rex’ excuse is invalid, for reasons stated above and the above post.

16. Randorine says:

Double post by accident, ignore.

17. Sgt. Spoon says:

yeah but that’s an old T-rex now. As David said himself. He found out it was copied and took it down.
    as you can see here it’s different

and yes, they’ll probably have to take the armory down

but as far as the sounds being stolen and that they’ve ripped everything of Halo and Crysis, that’s just bull***

• Randorine says:

It’s the old rex model , but the fact still remains that it was lied about and, in the past, even when presented with evidence of the latter, David Prassel appeared to not believe it by stating that there’s not very many ways to make a Tyrannosaurus rex unique anyways. I think,back then, he may have forgotten that these aren’t dinosaurs, but aliens that happened to look similiar to dinosaurs due to being born from the same roots. I’m not hung up on this issue, but it turns alot of people off and it’s something many will remember,unless SGS really turns themselves around. In the game making business, when someone says an object in your game -may- be stolen, it’s good to not just turn the other way,but to assess said issue early on,and keep it from being shown, it’s not something any company should just outright ignore up until others start to notice.

I do believe they should take the armory down as well as apologize for using it without UWE’s consent. It would have been different if they had looked at the NS2 armory and said’ ‘okay,so this is how that works.. let’s make something kinda similar but a totally different model’ , that would have been okay and I doubt any of NS2’s huge fan-base would have even noticed. As I said, just a capsule-like object ,or something else suited to Orion’s standard look, would suffice and had been an entirely nice and workable ‘placeholder’, especially due to a capsule’s simplicity.

It would have also been better if they just didn’t show off the NS2 armory to begin with. If something that could be that controversial shows up, from a game loved by thousands back in NS1, and has a considerable fan-base, just keep it out of videos.

A company should show it’s absolute best work, and not the entire picture sometimes,which is what video editing is for. Example: when the legs of the rex in the video shown in this article mess up when it goes to turn back,that’s something that should have been cut. Same goes for when the raptor turns. That scene should have had it shown from the side,to show it off, rather than the back so it wouldn;t be so apparent that the animations,while growing better day by day, are still heavily under construction.

As for sounds, I can’t really say whether they are from other games or not,or just happen to sound similar or, maybe are from the same general library.

18. Sgt. Spoon says: