Wriggling Woods: Worms Crazy Golf

By Adam Smith on October 14th, 2011 at 3:29 pm.

madcap, eh?

I’m a huge admirer of the gentleman’s sport of crazy golf, or as I prefer to call it, Bedlam Roughage & Greens. Combining that most elegant of pursuits with the antics of Team 17’s Worms, forming some kind of Worms Crazy Golf, seems a sensible plan and a few videos of the (mercifully) 2d title have now appeared online. It all looks very agreeable, although I hope the puzzle-type layout of the levels doesn’t mean there won’t be plenty of room for a more chaotic approach. The game is due on Steam on the 19th of this very month of October and there are several videos of golfing worms below.

First up: worms playing golf in a pirate cove. Zany!

Now, worms playing golf in, er, the British countryside? Barmy!

Last and possibly least, worms playing golf in a variety of environments, which are actually just the two you’ve already seen! Preposterous…? Probably one trailer too many, to be honest. It does look quite fun though, doesn’t it?

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Echo Black says:

Getting a Peggle vibe, which is good. The last Worms puzzler I played was Worms Blast but I don’t remember liking it much.

2. hazywaze says:

It very slightly reminded me of the look of superfrog…a game for which I have such nostalgia I am convinced Team 17 are failing to milk the money cow buy making a sequel.

• rustybroomhandle says:

Used to love that game. Team 17’s answer to Sonic, but with a yoyo. Or whatever the thing was you used as a weapon… er, was it a tongue?

3. OrangyTang says:

No destructable scenery or blowing your mates up? It seems to miss a couple of the key components of Worms..

That said, it does look like fun, and I always liked the modern cartoony worms style.

• Jim9137 says:

Where are my pixels? WHERE ARE MY PIXELS WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY PIXELS

• rustybroomhandle says:

Your pixels are still there, and they have friends – lots and lots of friends.

• Skabooga says:

Definitely. The temptation to put down my nine iron and try and lob a grenade into the hole would just be too great. It could make a fun alternative game mode add-on to regular Worms. “Upward slant to the green? An airstrike ought to level that right out.”

4. Roarster says:

I can’t decide if working on Worms all day every day for the rest of your life would be the greatest thing or the worst thing in the world. I’m leaning towards the worst though…

5. Groove says:

This is to Worms what the X-Com reboot is to Enemy Unknown.

I suppose it doesn’t evoke the same disgust since Worms has already been mutilated so many times…My poor childhood.

6. HexagonalBolts says:

Needs more ridiculousness, this looks a bit bland by comparison to the usual batshit-insanity we’re used to from the worms series, preferably involving nuclear explosions and miniguns.

• HexagonalBolts says:

In fact, as someone mentions above, leveling an upward slant to the green with an airstrike is a perfect example of what this game needs.

LowKey says:

you just cant catch ‘em!

8. hello_mr.Trout says:

seriously?
    this looks like one of the worst cheesy spin-off rushed poorly thought out branding quick buck attempts at milking a franchise that was semi-kinda neat
    although i might just be saying that because i hate golf
    maybe it’s a great game

9. Vartesz says:

*sniff* What have they done with my childhood :'(. It actually has the exact same graphics like the old Worms Armageddon, just minus all the fun.

10. edwardoka says:

Two words; Sensible Golf.

Oh dear. Poor Team 17.

11. terry says:

Team 17 really need to learn how to make other games again.

12. Armitage1982 says:

This one make me laugh because it’s somewhat near to Metagolf, a game I’m working on since a moment now. I wonder if it’s a good… or a very bad thing !?