The Book Of Unwritten Tales’ Demo And Date

By Adam Smith on October 17th, 2011 at 9:36 am.

I guess it must be some kind of book on tape?

A demo approaches! It’s a rather hefty 1.4 gigabyte download containing the majority of the second chapter of The Book Of Unwritten Tales, the comedic fantasy adventure that John is anticipating with some excitement. The version we’re awaiting is an English translation, which seems to be strong, and the original German release received a great deal of praise. The narrative follows three controllable characters, switching between their stories, so having the demo plunge into chapter 2 is no doubt more sensible than it may at first appear. I haven’t had chance to give it a try yet but as a fan of both pointing and clicking, I certainly will be. The full game is out October 28th, the demo is here and there’s a trailer below.

That guy in the trailer? You don’t get to be him in the demo. In the demo you play a gnome called Wilbur who works in a pub.

We’ll have more thoughts on the game soon.

, , , , , .

1. MuscleHorse says:

I’d much rather be a gnome in a pub than that guy. Downloading now.

2. Khemm says:

Downloaded the demo yesterday. Played for half an hour. Uninstalled immediately after.

Why should I ruin my experience? I loved every second of the demo, already pre-ordered the full version. Gimme gimme gimme!

3. Zarunil says:

I, too, would like to experience gnoming around the pub.

4. TinyPirate says:

We need more Gnome publican simulators, tbh.

5. Premium User Badge Thermal Ions says:

Isn’t that a paradox? How can you have a book of unwritten tales, given that writing them down in a book no longer makes them unwritten?

Oh, and bookmarked to take a look once my monthly ISP allowance resets.

6. G-Lord says:

One of my favorite adventures from recent years. I had to buy the collectors edition with the prequel last week. Now I only hope that the translation is good, the German voices were great imo.

7. kael13 says:

Hah! Didn’t even realise the trailer was a parody til the second shot. Awesome, awesome!

8. Drake Sigar says:

I liked the demo, will probably order it in a week or so.

9. Spliter says:

Screenies look beautiful, trailer is awesome. I’m gonna try it out as soon as I come back home!

10. LuNatic says:

So, the mirror from the official site took 2 hours to give me 95%, before terminating the connection and refusing to resume. Needless to say, I’m a little pissed off right now. So here’s the gamershell mirror with a torrent link.

11. orangedragon says:

REALLY enjoyed the demo. I, too, stopped playing so I could savor the full game. The humor was much better than expected; this might just end up being one of my favorite adventures :)

12. Ayron says:

I did play through the whole demo. Should’ve read these comments before, because I now regret doing so… (completing this bit of the game before starting the game itself , not reading your posts ofcourse ).
    The Book feels like The Dig. Or Deathgate. Or The legend of Kyrandia.
    To name a few pixely cartoony oldies that haven’t been mentioned here before.