Look, Here Is A Diablo III Cinematic

By Jim Rossignol on October 21st, 2011 at 9:28 pm.

Demons make good stoves.
“WooooOOOoooo! Mystery… strange tomes, funny hand-writing… AND! CUE! FANTASY WORLD!”

An except from the script, there.

, .

1. Froibo says:

Hah plotdevicium particles, I like it

2. MythArcana says:

So…this girl plops out of a warp gate and ends up on a Pee Wee Herman’s race for a BLACK Soul Stone; all the meanwhile, being chased by a Jabba the Hut / Balrog who speaks remarkably terrific English. Am I getting this right?

Great tech reel to be certain, but if that’s the meat of the story for D3…I think I better look elsewhere for substance. This almost seems like Harry Potter wandering into the wrong game or something.

3. lowprices says:

“WELP, TIME TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD. I MEAN, I KNOW DIABLO AND BAAL AND THE REST DIED EMBARRASINGLY WHEN THEY TRIED IT BUT I’M SURE IT WILL WORK OUT FINE THIS TIME. GRRR. RAAARRGH.”

Maybe Blizzard should give me a job.

4. HisMastersVoice says:

It’s okay, but I didn’t think Blizz will ever be beaten in the CGI cut scene category. Yet Ubi did it with the last two AC trailers, especially the one from Revelations.

5. mrbungle says:

The amount of apathy on this thread is quite despicable. Whatever gripe people have with Blizzard, it shouldn’t be towards their animation team. This is stunning, although the writing could have been better, you realize that their target audience is American teenage boys?

• Squishpoke says:

Hey now, I’m a 19 year old American and I think the writing could have been much better.

6. Felixader says:

To bad that, from the vistas over the enourmous creatures till to the count of enemys on screen, nothing will ever look like that to you in the game.

7. BobsLawnService says:

Wait, Diablo has a story? I thought it was just mindless clicking on endless waves of demons until they explode.

8. Thomthomthom says:

Damn, what´s that with Blizzard and french Nails?

9. pipman3000 says:

I don’t get how the people here are expecting a video game to have a great story. I heard of these things called “Books” that are supposed to have really good stories and writing, I heard some are even better than Planescape: Torment!

10. JackShandy says:

It’s a cinematic that exists to entertainingly explain some aspect of Diablo’s fiction. (Well, insofar as it has a reason to live beyond “SELL COPIES OF DIABLO”). It does a bad job of that. Complaints are allowed.

• rollermint says:

Does a bad job….based on what?

What i’m seeing from the Diablo fan forums have been pretty positive. I say they’ve hyped up their fans pretty well. A lot of discussion going on about the demon, what he was saying, who Leah really is etc etc.

Bad job? For marketing a videogame, I disagree.

Its not exactly oscar material but who actually is expecting the video to be, other than total nobodies with absurdly high-standards(yet hardly anything worth mentioning that they’ve ever done themselves..lol).

11. PowerWalrus says:

It looks amazing, but was anyone else really taken out of it by the girl’s emo hair and nails? It just seems really corny. Won’t stop me from buying the game, though. Starcraft 2 had some pretty terrible dialogue, I wonder if we should expect the same from D3.