Watered Down: Anno 2070 Gets A Demo

By Jim Rossignol on November 4th, 2011 at 10:11 am.

Something's up with that dam...
Hot on the heels of my Anno 2070 ramblings from last night comes a demo for the game, so you can produce ramblings of your own! You can get it in various languages here. It apparently contains the first two missions of the campaign, which should at least show you how it plays to some extent. Go take a look…

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. v_ware says:

Downloading right now. I preordered this, really excited. ;)

2. Njordsk says:

Was eagerly waiting for a demo, wish granted !

3. Sp4rkR4t says:

You just made Hangover day that much better, Cheers!

4. UnravThreads says:

Is there a different source? GamersHell always takes forever and a day to download from for me.

5. Khemm says:

But but but I thought Ubisoft is EVIL… Yet here they are, releasing a demo.
    Anyway, not going to download it. I’m an Anno fanboy, I already know what to expect from the game – placed my preorder today.

• UnravThreads says:

I’m already getting it, too, but I’ve nothing better to do with my life so I might as well :D

• Jajusha says:

Must resist temptation! Had a really bad experience with HOMM… i think i’ll wait for a steam sale.

6. Wilson says:

Oh, sweet. I didn’t expect this, actually.

7. BAshment says:

That dam is damn good looking…………….DAM!!!

• Wulf says:

Your pun has been paraded too obviously. I give you a 3. Next time, make it more subtle, and draw less attention to it.

• mmalove says:

How bout Dam: that looks nice.

It’s my day off, so I’m giving myself an 11.

• Wulf says:

Damnation: The Game?

8. Gunsmith says:

I love it, the visuals, the sound the score, sweet jesus i sat in the menu just listening to the music for 10 mins.

9. Axyl says:

Been wanting to check this out for a while now. Thank You! :D

10. Kandon Arc says:

Very impressed by the demo, especially the visuals. Gone from interested to must buy.

11. Jajusha says:

Just finished the demo. The new setting is incredibly refreshing! Any word on what kind of online features one can expect?

• UnravThreads says:

Multiplayer, UPlay integration (i.e. hitting certain milestones = UPlay points = Unlockable content), possibly DLC/expansions depending on Ubisoft. Uh… Not sure what else. I’m wondering if it’d go the same direction as TS7 and have things like Facebook integration, but I kind of doubt it.

• Jajusha says:

There where some options that weren’t available in the demo like “national vote” and “something network” that hinted at online features that impact the development of the campaign.

Check the main screen on the bottom left for them (sorry, already uninstalled the demo after finishing it)

Carra says:

Small demo (finished in less than an hour) but enough to see what we’re getting: more of the same in a new setting.

Should be enough to get me playing for a few weeks.

• MadMatty says:

Yeah very similar to 1404- maybe a bit *too* similar for my tastes.
      But, Atleast in 2070, you keep your city from mission to mission in the campaign, instead of it just starting up with a default one.
      Gorgeous to look at, and hell, 1404 was fun, but im not sure i´d want that much more of it.

13. Inigo says:

The scientific organization S.A.A.T. develops innovative Technologies for the future. They created the Ark technology and I, E.V.E., am also one of their creations. Lip-sync technology, however, remains the dream of madmen and the foolish.

14. Malfious says:

Does it come with DRM?

• UnravThreads says:

Demo? I don’t think so. The game itself will, of course, but not the always-on kind.

• Prime says:

…although there seem to be a plethora of features that won’t work unless you have an internet connection in place. Hmmmm.

• Vinraith says:

@Prime

That’s why I haven’t preordered, in a nutshell. It remains to be seen if the offline mode is hobbled.

15. Prime says:

Well. It’s taken a year and half but I’ve finally installed a game that my quad core 4 ghz/Radeon 5850 combo can’t play smoothly at full detail. Who have thought it would be one of these types of games to do it? Not me.

Perhaps I have an upgrade in my near future after all. :(

• Rich says:

Actually, I would have. Games like this tend to have a hell of a lot on the screen at one time and have fewer of the tricks that make an FPS look good while not being to taxing.

• UnravThreads says:

Really? I was on nearly full detail @ 1600×900 on a 2.5GHz Quad (Q8300), 4GB RAM and a GTS 450 with the latest drivers.

16. juliainleuven says:

Well, that A.I. certainly seems very trustworthy.. Nice to get a break from building pyramids and cathedrals, tho!

17. casshern09 says:

Just a word of warning to people playing the demo with an SLI setup.

It made my primary card go to almost 100 degrees. Maybe a new driver needed or something. Just saying so people don’t fry their cards.

18. Bioluminescence says:

Maybe someone can help me here – I’m completely stuck on the second mission! I’ve built a distillery, but I can’t find any way to build rice paddies. As far as I can see, the island doesn’t have any rice fertility, and I can’t ‘buy seeds’ to give it rice fertility.

Help! What the heck am I doing wrong?

[edit] Whoops! I needed to click on a built distillery to manually build the rice paddies. Always the way that as soon as you click submit, you find out. Well, hopefully it’ll help someone else who got stuck like me!

19. xomxomxom says:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BUSINESS WITH http://WWW.LUCKYVOGUE.COM
    YOU’LL GET A GOOD BENEFIT AND YOU CAN SHOPPING FROM HERE TOO.
    DON’T MISS IT