Jagged Alliance And UFO Online Betas Begin

By Craig Pearson on November 10th, 2011 at 10:17 am.

Everybody loves a remake!
It seems like turn-based strategy was the pupal stage leading to the emergence of beautiful MMO butterflies for Jagged Alliance and UFO: Online, who are now poking their mandibles out of their coccoon in the form of beta sign-ups.

Which would make you the entomologists, prodding at the newly emerging life form from their development cocoon. If you manage to get on the beta that is. We’ve only been given brief glimpses of each game, but there’s no harm in joining the testing process to see for yourselves. UFO’s beta launches today and Jagged Alliance’s will follow just a few days later.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. actionthom says:

So. Many. Spelling mistakes. And is it it not Pupal?

2. Gothnak says:

Goes to Jagged Alliance beta, signs up…

Pleasedon’tbeshitpleasedon’tbeshitpleasedon’tbeshit…

3. Hoaxfish says:

That screenshot looks amazing in a way I’m confused by… I don’t mean graphically or anything quantifiable, but it draws me in.

4. d32 says:

I’ve got into UFO beta. Graphics looks atmospheric, camera is better than good. Half the game is in german (including EULA, except the “I Agree” button ;) ). Controls seem unpolished/unintuitive so far. Gameplay… I don’t really know – as I’m that_kind_of_guy, I’ve ignored MMO aspect of the game and waded to the first mission solo, got slaughtered by aliens who seemingly escaped from fantasy RPG and stopped playing for now.

Harlander says:

These are the guys doing the new Shadowrun Online game, about which I’m rather more excited. This should give a good idea about the likely quality of that, though,

• Hoaxfish says:

It gets a bit confusing.

Gamigo are mostly publishers, moving into production as well.

Cliffhanger is making Shadowrun Online, and Jagged Alliance Online… Gamigo are publishing Jagged Alliance.

Funatics seems to be the ones actually making UFO online (since they get listed in Gamigo’s “legal” section of their UFO website)

As to Shadowrun Online, Gamigo don’t seem to have anything on their site, so I’m not sure if they’re even publishing it.

6. YourMessageHere says:

Butterflies do not possess mandibles.

7. squareking says:

8. Data Privacy

gamigo respects your privacy and is committed to protect it. You can obtain more information about our privacy policy by clicking here. (INSERT LINK TO PRIVACY POLICY).

Hahaha. Ha.