Not Ass Creed: Revelations’ Launch Trailer

By John Walker on November 10th, 2011 at 10:44 am.

Here's what you can't play for another month!

The Assassin’s Creed: Revelations launch trailer has gone live today, to mark the game’s launch on Tuesday next week. Except of course it’s only launching on Xbox and PS3 next week, because as usual Ubisoft, after pretending it was going to come out at the same time, announced a delay. This time they were kind enough to make that announcement at the end of September, instead of at the very eleventh hour, but it remained just as depressingly predictable. But hey, we’re getting it on 2nd December, “only” two and a half weeks late. Compared to the five months for the first game, four months for the second, and four months for Brotherhood, it’s quite the fancy treatment! So, instead of a launch trailer, what with its not launching, below is a time-lapse film of thunderstorms.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Bobsy says:

My usual question to these wretched PC delays:

If you have to delay the PC version, why are you not also delaying console versions? Clearly the product is not yet universally ready for release.

• Alexander Norris says:

Do you refuse to eat your entrée because your steak isn’t cooked yet? No, you can have the entrée while the steak cooks, that way you have something to eat (and the steak doesn’t get cold while you eat the entrée).

• theblazeuk says:

So you’re having rump steak for the entree and prime rib for the main? That’s a lot of steak.

Although I guess some console versions (BF3) would be more like burger.

• n0s says:

Alexander, bad comparison… In your example, you would be having an undersized, undercooked, dry, tasteless piece of processed gene-modified stinkmeat while waiting for a large, succulent, meaty and tasty Kobe beef.

• Ross Angus says:

Is anyone else hungry? I’m hungry.

• vatara says:

To continue this metaphor, when you’re eating out with people, do they serve whomever’s entree is ready first? Of course not, they serve everyone at once.

2. atticus says:

Thunderstorms are great.

Any chance you could give a specific time for when the WIT of Skyrim will be published on RPS?

I can’t get any work done.

3. ho-g says:

Go Go Power Rangers!

4. McDan says:

Way better than the actual launch trailer. Time lapse videos done well great. You should have more videos like this instead of some of the terrible trailers that get released these days.

• DigitalSignalX says:

Agree.

I tried capturing lightning on film during a storm once, and got some great photos. It was only afterwards however that I suddenly realized going out to a remote clearing on top of a hill with a metal tripod and plenty of metal photo gear in a lightning storm could have gotten me killed, or worse, slightly crispy. I hope that guy took some precautions if the storms were getting near.

5. Rettaw says:

I think this video is slightly more on theme.

6. AlexW says:

Hey now, be fair, the AC1 PC delay was acceptable. It was a massive delay, yes, but the game was also substantially improved from the 360 version, with advanced graphics for the time (before nVidia worked some behind-the-scenes magic, it was the first DX10.1 game that I can remember) and improved variety in the gameplay, such that I think the types of intel-gathering missions doubled.

Since then it’s been just a numbers-smoothing measure, though, yes.

7. Lowbrow says:

Well, I guess this means I can put off cringing every time the Byzantines call themselves Byzantines. The Constantinople trailer dialogue had me wincing every 3 seconds.

• mouton says:

At least the Muslims in AC1 didn’t call themselves terrorists. Shallow treatment by an AAA title of history, culture, or, well, anything? Unheard of.

• Lowbrow says:

Fair enough. I guess it just peeves me that when the Byzantine empire is mentioned (a rarity to begin with) no one understands that it’s just a scholarly label, and in reality they were Romans.

• mouton says:

But I agree with you, I am just more resigned.

8. Ajh says:

And then they complain that no one wants to buy their pc games. I feel like smacking whoever makes this sort of decision until they start thinking clearly again. No consumer wants to feel like they’re an afterthought.

Beautiful video.

9. DzX says:

“So, instead of a launch trailer, what with its not launching, below is a time-lapse film of thunderstorms.”

That made me laugh much more than it probably should’ve…

10. Tams80 says:

You should stop trying to trick those of us who go straight to the video. Just because our attention span is poor doesn’t mean we should be mistreated!

Better late than never.

• Poison_Berrie says:

How have you been mistreated by a wonderful video of thunderstorm in time-lapse.
      Truly it’s superior than any old video game trailer.

It is even said in the title that this is not a trailer.

11. SiHy_ says:

I wish to announce my delay in purchasing AssCreeRev. Only two and a half years or so. But that’s better than my delay on the second and third games which I still haven’t purchased.

Comment on this story