Disgusting Limb Manipulation In GMOD

By Craig Pearson on November 11th, 2011 at 5:21 pm.

Ew. EW! Ew! Ee! Ew! Ew!
There’s a moment in this video of a new Gmod feature where I start to feel sorry for Breen. He looks at the camera, just as Garry starts to pluck at his very bones, with such sad resignation. His dignity gone, debased for our entertainment.

SERVES HIM RIGHT!

GMOD was what we did before we had Minecraft. Are we still doing it too? Tell us!

Via Garry

__________________

« | »

, .

1. HermitUK says:

Instant Slenderman.

2. OJSlaughter says:

I play Garry Mod when I’m bored of Minecraft: bone manipulation is just an added treat :p

3. Auzy says:

…Wish i had one of these guns IRL to stretch….well nevermind

4. Man Raised by Puffins says:

Are we still doing it too?

Nope.

5. Bishop says:

I didn’t know Warwick Davies was in HL2.

6. povu says:

CHARGER!

7. JackDandy says:

G-mod basically eliminated any aura of mystery the Gman used to have.

8. ZIGS says:

Robert Culp must be tumbling in his grave

9. DickSocrates says:

I love depth of field so much. It looks so realistic! I often look into the distance only for it stay blurred.

And Garry’s mod. Yeah, great. I’m sure I would have loved it if it existed when I was 14 and didn’t yet experience the crushing weight of guilt for wasting my life playing video games.

• Binary77 says:

Man, i’m glad i’m not the only person that feels that way. Trying to balance 3 jobs, a house, 2 cats & a girlfriend takes up most of my time as it is.

God forbid i ever get into an MMO!

• Dorako says:

Why are you on this site then?

• Binary77 says:

Because despite the guilt, i still love PC games with a passion. That’s why.

• lijenstina says:

Build a spaceship that travels at 95% of speed of light. Save time and play games.

10. Tuor says:

Let me read a letter I recently received. ‘Dear Dr. Breen. Why has the Combine seen fit to suppress our reproductive cycle? Sincerely, A Concerned Citizen.’

Thank you for writing, Concerned. Of course your question touches on one of the basic biological impulses, with all its associated hopes and fears for the future of the species.

I also detect some unspoken questions. Do our benefactors really know what’s best for us? What gives them the right to make this kind of decision for mankind? Will they ever deactivate the suppression field and let us breed again?

Allow me to address the anxieties underlying your concerns, rather than try to answer every possible question you might have left unvoiced.

First, let us consider the fact that for the first time ever, as a species, immortality is in our reach.

This simple fact has far-reaching implications. It requires radical rethinking and revision of our genetic imperatives.

It also requires planning and forethought that run in direct opposition to our neural pre-sets.

I find it helpful at times like these to remind myself that our true enemy is Instinct.

Instinct was our mother when we were an infant species.

Instinct coddled us and kept us safe in those hardscrabble years when we hardened our sticks and cooked our first meals above a meager fire

and started at the shadows that leapt upon the cavern’s walls.

But inseparable from Instinct is its dark twin, Superstition.

Instinct is inextricably bound to unreasoning impulses, and today we clearly see its true nature. Instinct has just become aware of its irrelevance, and like a cornered beast, it will not go down without a bloody fight.

Instinct would inflict a fatal injury on our species.

Instinct creates its own oppressors, and bids us rise up against them.

Instinct tells us that the unknown is a threat, rather than an opportunity.

Instinct slyly and covertly compels us away from change and progress.

Instinct, therefore, must be expunged.

It must be fought tooth and nail, beginning with the basest of human urges: The urge to reproduce.

We should thank our benefactors for giving us respite from this overpowering force.

They have thrown a switch and exorcised our demons in a single stroke.

They have given us the strength we never could have summoned to overcome this compulsion.

They have given us purpose. They have turned our eyes toward the stars.

Let me assure you that the suppressing field will be shut off on the day that we have mastered ourselves…the day we can prove we no longer need it.

And that day of transformation, I have it on good authority, is close at hand.

11. jymkata says:

Very Amigara Fault. Nice.

12. Shooop says:

Goddammit, what is the proper syntax for links as text?

• The Tupper says:

Dunno – I’m having a wee voddy this evening and couldn’t even pronounce that sentence.

In my head.

• MadTinkerer says:

Try “a href” with the brackets and symbols? It’s standard html.

13. kyrieee says:

This one is the best

14. Vandelay says:

Well, I would be playing Garry’s Mod, but have been having difficulties creating a server for me and a mate to be playing in. Joining random servers always seems to end up with them having weird options set (like not being able to interact with other people’s objects, a really low limit to objects, etc.) and we just want to create our own to do whatever we want in.

We’ve both tried using MServer to set one up, but it never shows up and trying to join by IP just fails. Any hints?

Creating your own servers for Source games seems like a lot of unnecessary hassle to be honest, when it should be incredibly simple, particular for something like Garry’s Mod.

• pepper says:

Cant say I ever had problems with that, or most other games for that matter. Did you check your firewall and router settings?

If all else fails or you just want a easy option consider using hamachi. You might need to run steam in offline mode for that(LAN still works). But try it running normally first.

• Wunce says:

I strongly recommend hamachi, works flawlessly every time me and my friends want to have a game of gmod.

Also with not being able to touch each others props, usually there is a setting that you can go to which allows people you select to use tools and physgun on anything you make.

15. googoogjoob says:

how has no one posted the odd scout yet

16. LTK says:

So the human skeleton is entirely made of femurs. I had no idea!

17. Inigo says:

REPLY FUNCTION WHY YOU NO WORK

18. dlangeliers says:

Nope

19. physics says:

It’s a funny game, I think you should place the face of someone you hated! More similar physics games

20. Cosmo Dium says:

WTF are they doing to Bill Murray?

21. ShadowABX says:

Sorry, but i have a problem, until the last actualization, i got this problem “Client.dll init() in library client failed”, some one can help me?

22. ShadowABX says:

Sorry, but i have a problem, until the last update i got this problem “Client.dll init() in library client failed”, some one can help me?, thanks