Dodgy Rumour: Peggle 2?

By John Walker on November 11th, 2011 at 12:34 am.

Yes it is, little creature, yes it is.

Bloodhound-nosed Lewie P gets in touch to say he had a bit of an interesting encounter with a PopCap fellow, via the medium of Twitter. One that rather strongly suggested that the company might be gearing up for Peggle 2. Lead designer at PopCap, Adam Orth, sent out a tweet asking for an Art Director “for the Peggle franchise”. Lewie retweeted this, and then said on his own account, “Imagine Peggle 2″. To which Orth replied, “I am.” Which he has since deleted. Rather tellingly. However, Lewie had already retweeted it. So yes, an awful lot of he said/she said. Except without the shes. We’re going to contact PopCap to see if we can get an answer out of them. But in the meantime, let’s all just assume it’s true so hard that it has to happen.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. pakoito says:

Not the popcap game I’m waiting for.

• bfandreas says:

Tall-nut doesn’t approve of Peggle :(

• Roshin says:

Agreed. I never understood why Peggle was popular. I think it’s rather weak compared to some other Popcap offerings.

2. Vinraith says:

Peggle was lovely, but Peggle Nights more than proved to me that it’s not something I need more of.

3. DigitalSignalX says:

Curious how can you improve Peggle perfection? More maps, more skills, more dirty unicorn sex? We’ve already all this in the expansion didn’t we?

• Lewie Procter says:

Crazy new things!

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

More dirty unicorn sex?

• A-Scale says:

Better graphics options, more story based, new powers, larger fields of play, new map items (built in flippers, conveyor belts, etc). More maps. Better challenges.

• Lewie Procter says:

They have earlier said that all their future PC games will support up to 1920×1200.

bear912 says:

Wait, which one was the dirty unicorn sex expansion?

• Baf says:

And does “more dirty unicorn sex” mean “dirty unicorn sex in greater quantities” or “unicorn sex that is more dirty”?

• DigitalSignalX says:

And you thought Ode to Joy was only for winning a round! I was sore for weeks.

• Raiyan 1.0 says:

Can we have more dirty unicorn sex in terms of both quality and quantity?

• BooleanBob says:

Well, if Lewie is right, we’re looking at 1920×1200 dirty, sexy unicorns. ‘More’ is heavily implied!

• Obc says:

how to make it better?
      Peggle will be reimagined as a Cyberpunk FPS !!!! you heard it here first

4. gou says:

A new measurement of filesize eh? sounds interesting.

5. jonfitt says:

Will it still have Ode To Joy? Or is it even possible to find something more awesome?

• Starky says:

Maybe Pachelbel’s canon, but that doesn’t have the instant gratification that ode to joy has.

• jonfitt says:

It’s popular, but doesn’t EXPLODE! with excellence.

• bfandreas says:

Beethoven had dedicated his Eroika to Napoleon. He later scratched his name off of it in a fit of rage. He used Schillers lyrics for Ode To Joy which in itself is the most important toast to humanity, freedom and cool stuff you will ever need to memorize.
      So no. Ode To Joy is the hot shtuff.
      Well, there’s always this. But it won’t please the plebes…

Pachelbel was the music teacher of JS Bach’s big brother.
      But Bach never had the fierceness of Beethoven.

• 3lbFlax says:

Ode to Joy is superhuman music. It comes from the past and the future and all points between, shooting up the spine as if Ludwig just smashed your kundalini test-your-strength machine with Mj√∂lnir itself. And it’s DING DING, PRIZES GALORE!

Thermal Ions says:

Peggle FPS ManUnicorn-shooter ?

7. downgrade says:

Origin exclusive.

You heard it here first.

8. Dimitar Slavov says:

Woot.

9. Deoden says:

Correct me if I’m wrong John, but I thought you hated Peggle?

10. Wulf says:

Ooh, I hope so. I’d totally be up for a sequel to Peggle 2. Though sadly I wouldn’t buy such a thing on the PC, I find that it’s far, far more suited to touch devices like Android and iOS tablets. They’ve been surprising me, lately. Shadowgun was pretty much ‘holy crap,’ due to how graphically impressive it was on Tegra 2 hardware.

The funniest thing about Shadowgun though was that the main character is so, so much more appealing than Marcus Wotshisface from Gears of War. He actually has a sense of humour, irony, and he’s intelligent. And the bad guy? Not a faceless alien race, oh no, but rather a human. A crazed mad scientist (yay, we don’t have enough of those, these days, we really don’t). He’s an escapee, he was a corporate slave, and my job is to bring him back. Which probably makes my guy the bad guy, too. Also refreshing!

I was surprised at how good that was, really.

Gods damn segues, I do fall prey to them, don’t I? I’m supposed to be talking about Peggle 2. But yes, I like my Android tablet device thingamabob, it’s lovely, and I’d very much like to have Peggle 2 on it.