Star Me Kitten: Hoshi Saga 7

By John Walker on November 21st, 2011 at 4:25 pm.

One day everyone will realise I'm right about these games.

It’s on days like today, when there is NO PC NEWS AT ALL, that I remember to return to Neko Games. The creator of the wonderful Hoshi Saga series has always created a new gem since my last visit, and it’s just as true today. Today there’s Ouka. It’s similar to the star-hunting antics of Hoshi Saga, in that you’re aiming to complete lots of very short Flash-based puzzles, but this time it’s all about clicking on the flower. How you can go about doing that is the unique puzzle for each level, with that unique Neko Games logic. And then, wait, oh my goodness, is that a new Hoshi Saga too?

It surely is. Hoshi Saga 7, or as it’s called, Ringohime, is another 25 star-finding challenges that make me smiley and happy all the live-long day. And I know barely anyone follows these posts and plays them, because this is the sixth one I’ve written about this series and I can see the stats. I know what poo-faces you all are, thinking yourself better than the sweet little puzzle game, with your guns and your dragons. But you’re wrong, okay? YOU’RE WRONG.

This brings Hoshi Saga to 100 puzzles, which is evidence of the great puzzling mind behind them all. Yes, they’re often simple, but there’s a brilliant wit behind them, and a clear desire to explore the possibilities of Flash for honing his craft. Which is always a pleasure to experience. So go experience it!

__________________

« | »

, , , , , , , .

1. Chris D says:

If days when there’s no PC news at all mean we get more articles like Lydia’s Life and Death, The Secret World hands on, and Game Logic vs Choice and Consequence then roll on slow news days.

2. Hodge says:

These are always wonderful. I wish I didn’t have to sleep RIGHT NOW.

3. Davee says:

That was fun.

You see, not all of us are “poo-faces”.

Oh man, who am I kidding? NEED MORE GUNS AND INFINITE DRAGONS

4. Radiant says:

LOVE THESE

5. Inglourious Badger says:

Hey! We’re not all poo-faces. I for one have been a big Hoshi Saga fan ever since you kindly introduced me to it’s charms. Will be playing this when I’m in the right mood (sleepy but in need of some mentile stimulation) . Can I in the meantime ask if this of the more brain stewingly taxing variety found earlier in the series, or the simpler but prettier later stuff?

• Flint says:

Simple but pretty. Eg the very final one at the bottom right corner is half a star in difficulty but something completely different from what the previous entries have had.

6. googoogjoob says:

man this came out like two months ago

slow news day indeed

• westyfield says:

ZOMG John Walker was released in like the ’60s or something but he’s still writing. OLD NEWS. RPS just doesn’t appeal to the ADD kids anymore.

7. Ricc says:

Don’t worry John, I love these! Without your posts, I’d never be able to find the new ones in a timely manner, so I thank you for that. :)

edit: last screen is awesome :)

8. Urthman says:

It’s rare to find puzzle design like this that’s all about constantly finding new ways to look at things, new ways to interact with the gamespace. Rather than just taking a single puzzle mechanic and just making it bigger or more complicated.

And the design is beautiful and charming, which is a great motivation to keep moving to the next puzzle.

9. GCU Speak Softly says:

Star Me KItten: R.E.M / R.I.P.

10. Tuuvan says:

The 8th game, Dokuringo, is out now on the Hoshi Sagasite.