Jump For Joy: AAAaA Etc – For The Awesome

By Adam Smith on November 24th, 2011 at 3:29 pm.

Good job I wrote out the tags before I ran out of letters, isn't it? Handy that.

I’m only allowed specific provisions to make my way through the days and writing even a brief missive about the follow-up to AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! – A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome, threatens to use up every ‘a’ in the giant scrabble bag from which I construct my mendering prose. Mendering, eh? I guess tht mens I’m out. Still, it would be rude of me not to tell you tht the fntsy bse jumping gme is out, with 50% discounted from its price in the utumn Stem sle. But only for nother couple of hours. It includes remstered versions of the 82 levels in the originl !!!, long with 43 new ones tht see you leping from spce in n extrvgnt disply of ntiuthoritrin gusto.

Oh, sod it. Triler below.

I’ve plyed some of the new levels. They re indeed wesome.

In other news, I’m mking vocdo sld this evening.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. 4026 says:

…nd bnn nd custrd for dessert?

• Llewyn says:

You hve custrd with your bnn?? Frek. Dm should hve bnn nd crem insted, if not bnn with ice crem and chocolte suce. Lots of chocolte suce.

2. Sfitz says:

You had one left. :)

3. Godsmith says:

dm Smith is funny guy, I like him.

4. Xocrates says:

Just finished playing trought the new levels, they are indeed quite awesome, though some are a true pain.

Also, they seem to have decreased the requirements to unlock levels (at least the new ones) which is fairly welcome since it means levels can be unlocked without grinding/5 starring earlier ones.

EDIT: Also, you can import your save game of the first one, which is very welcome. Sadly, I had lost mine :(

5. westyfield says:

Wht hppened to 1, 2, 3, Kick It! Drop Tht Bet Like n Ugly Bby?

6. Tusque D'Ivoire says:

4′s c4n work gre4t 4s 4n 4. s4dly, there 4re no numbers in scr4bble…

7. protospork says:

*sigh*

Fine, internet, you win. I’ll buy the game if it makes you stop trying to sell it to me.

8. Kdansky says:

Cu all th commntrs now writing without any a’s for th rst of th column. But not m! I am ahad of th crowd!

9. Hodge says:

I feel like I’m in New Zealand.

10. Zeewolf says:

I like your style, dm.

11. Snidesworth says:

£7 for a remake and an expansion pack just a bit too much. £3.50 isn’t. Sold.

• Veracity says:

The title screen gibberish isn’t as good and I’m not 100% sold yet on some of the shinies, though I do want their depth of field toggle icon adopted as an industry standard immediately. Otherwise this has convinced me Dejobaan know what they’re doing, despite sometimes strenuous efforts to suggest otherwise. This does seem to be aiming mostly at fans – even with the hugely relaxed unlock requirements, if you thought the original was anywhere near too difficult, you’re probably not going to make much headway with the new stages. Although it’s also an opportunity to pull new people on board, I guess – can’t see much reason you’d buy the original if you want to get it for the first time now.

Agree on the price. Only ploughed through the first 7 or so new levels, but they seem good. Have already run into a couple of new gimmicks or tweaks, though the checkpoint thing is from the original’s summer DLC. Thread the needle bonus can still be irksomely finicky and I STILL don’t really have a feel for what happens to the controls when you open the parachute, but never mind.

Does the fact this was a collaboration with Owlchemy mean they’re producing the mobile version a lot of people seemed to think it needed?

12. Sfitz says:

Pregnant women should not handle broken tablets of Ntiuthoritrin.

13. Xan says:

2 things:

The game is 50% off for anyone who owns the previous game.

And a question: Anyone know what happened to the “Name a level contest” ? Can’t find the info on the devs site if the winners were announced.

14. PetitPrince says:

A Void: ludic soft-thing.

15. BurningPet says:

I much prefer the A language over the non A language.

iasanata tahata raighata?

My country won the EuroVision with this ridiculous language.

16. Dozer says:

Is this the new RockPperShotgun trope? I cll new RockPperShotgun trope! Or meme. Which is it?

Thnks, dm Smith!

17. Mctittles says:

I’ve always wondered with their name if it came about while discussing how they could get to the top of alphabetical game listings like steam etc. 1, 2, 3, Kick It!… makes this theory even more plausible.

18. His Dudeness says:

Totlly wesome, Smithy! I’m still in stitches…

19. Raiyan 1.0 says:

Yes! We’ve finlly found his RPS nicknme!

dm Smith.

Woo hoo!

20. Spacecraft says:

Thnks for this gret rticle. I m going to ply the gme s soon s possible.

21. sinister agent says:

Nice trailer. Shame about the terrible music and cringeworthy subtitle.

22. dejobaan says:

A a a a a a a… aa! AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! — A a a (Aaaaa!) a a a AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! A a a (A).

… a a a a (Aaaaa!) a; a (A).

A a aa a. Aaaaa! a A a.