OST(erity) Cuts: Indie Music Bundle

By Adam Smith on November 25th, 2011 at 8:34 am.

My girlfriend just asked: "Is that the logo? It's weird." I told her it was a box with music exploding out of it and she said: "Oh. So it's not weird then?" Satisfied.

Here’s an indie bundle with a difference – it doesn’t contain any games. Instead, the Indie Music Bundle it’s a collection of soundtracks from some of your favourite (assumption #1) indie games and some you have probably never heard of (assumption #2). As is swiftly becoming obligatory, the ten albums are available at a price of your choosing, although this is for one day only, being a Black Friday sale. The minimum price is $1 and if you pay at least $10 you’ll receive seven bonus items.

Of the ones that I know, the VVVVVV soundtrack is simply wonderful, and both Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac, are quite enjoyable. The latter is in the $10 bonus items. Even if you opt to be stingy, for a dollar you’re sure to find something that you love (assumption #3). Everything is DRM-free and delivered as 320kbps MP3s. Take a look.

, , , , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

mrwonko says:

Also includes the wonderful Impostor Nostalgia. Go buy it.

2. Gnoupi says:

So apparently the “How come I already own most of them already?” doesn’t apply only to the humble bundle, for me.

Oh well, going to buy anyway.

• Gnoupi says:

“Something broke” when I’m trying to buy with Paypal. Twice.

Hmm. Let’s mail support, then.

[Edit] Apparently they answer more on twitter than regular mail. Jeez, kids and their “modern” toys.

• Suits says:

I know right, tried calling support of a local retailer earlier and they didn’t answer the phone for several days. But i tweeted them and suddenly everything was solved within a few hours.

• Gnoupi says:

I guess that the fact that this is public pushes them also to answer faster. But still, ech.

3. Innovacious says:

“Everything is DRM-free and delivered as 320kbps MP3s.”

Looks like all of them are bandcamp apart from the roadtrip one which only uses bandcamp for previews. I’m hoping it just gives bandcamp keys, because i know bandcamp usually offers FLAC. /casualaudiophile

That said, not sure if I’m actually going to get it, i got the ones i really want already, and got the Issac one for free when they posted a screenshot of a spreadsheet FULL of bandcamp keys for it on twitter.

• citricsquid says:

They’re not delivered via Bandcamp, it’s via Amazon S3, they said via Twitter they’ll look into FLAC but at $1 the costs would be an issue. I suspect (pure speculation) they’ll enable FLAC for people over ~$20.

4. jamesom says:

I don’t see Binding Of Issac there?

5. nblake42 says:

It is if you pay $10.

Though the fact they pretend you can pay by Paypal and then take you through to Google Checkout has lost them my sale as I can’t be bothered typing my details into Google.

• Innovacious says:

Uh, they dont pretend? you sure you didn’t miss-click and hit google checkout? the paypal button works fine here.

• dorkus1218 says:

they worked out some bugs a bit ago. this is some grassroots shit

• CurlyBrace says:

Paying with PayPal worked perfectly fine for me.

• Nosgoroth says:

I paid with Paypal with no issue.

• MondSemmel says:

Yeah, doesn’t work for me either. They specifically mention on their error page that they have problems with transactions that are not normally in US $. As I’m from Germany, using euros, that’s probably why it doesn’t work.
      (Although really, stuff like this should _NOT_ happen on “pay what you want” offers – no impulse buys = no success…)
      EDIT: Finally works. Apparently it might have been related to names with umlauts etc. instead (ä, ü, ö, etc.)

6. Theoban says:

A good excuse for me to finally pay for PPPPPP and the Super Meat Boy soundtrack

stahlwerk says:

It is a weird logo. Looks like a NASA mission to the planet of sound. The girlfriend is right.

8. Tusque D'Ivoire says:

VERY nice Pack. The Minecraft OST is a thing of beauty and PPPPPP is like an evergreen Pop-album for me. the things that chiptunes can achieve…

also maybe of note, the 25 anniversary Zelda remix album

9. Nathan_G says:

I know this is utterly outrageous self-promotion, but you can get the (not yet fully implemented) sound track for the in-development indie Red Rogue for free here: http://www.icefishingep.tk. 320, lossless etc. One more indie soundtrack for you.

Sorry for the shameless plug!

10. Akimbo says:

Mostly just dissapointed not to see the Aquaria OST in there.

• ibloat says:

they do intend to release other bundles so they’ll be keeping a few quality albums for the future.
      is the creator of the Aquaria OST one of the bundle members?
      even without it this is an insta-buy!

• Gittun says:

I had the same reaction to the frozen synapse soundtrack being missing from this pack, seriously one of the best bits of music I’ve heard in a while (in general, nevermind game music). Ofcourse I already own it (twice, actually…), but it deserves being in such a bundle imo.

More ontopic: I think I’ll hold off on this until they release whether or not they will do flac (and what minimum price will be required for that.)

phlebas says:

The page even claims “great music for cooking underwater” to rub it in!

11. datom says:

I genuinely wasn’t going to buy this.

Then I listened to the first track from ‘Imposter Nostalgia’. 20 seconds later, my money was donated.

12. Xocrates says:

Fine, fine! Here’s my damn money!

It’s not like I’ve bought two indie bundles and still have a steam sale to look through.

Geez.

phlebas says:

On the plus side I can play the contents of this bundle at work without getting into trouble.

13. Medo says:

Would be nice if they had a single download for the entire bundle. Also, I think one could save quite a bit in bandwidth costs for something like this by offering a torrent download, although that would probably be abused by some non-buyers as well. However, those people would probably pay at most 1$ anyway, and depending on how much of that dollar is needed to cover bandwidth costs as it is, it might still be a good idea.

14. grundus says:

No Osmos? A travesty.

15. Xaromir says:

I gladly pay 100$ instead of 10 if they put it all on a CD or vinyl and send it over to my place. Got the SMB and the C418 stuff already anyways, still gutted that C418 doesn’t release CDs or vinyl.

16. Suits says:

Super Meat Boy soundtrack is superb. No creditcard huh.

17. westyfield says:

Give me the Bastion soundtrack, or give me death!

Hodge says:

EDIT: Reply fail, ignore.

19. mwoody says:

Hunh, nice bundle, but kind of a pain in the ass to download. It just gives you 17 individual links, but they all go to the same website, and the site has a limit on concurrent connections. Expect to have to babysit timeouts and count ZIP files for a bit before you get ‘em all.

20. edit says:

I thought people into this may be interested, it’s one step down from Indie (mod) but the Neotokyo OST from 2009 can be downloaded in lossless flac from a couple of places now:

http://edharrison.bandcamp.com/ (stream or download)
    http://edharrison.net/neotokyo/NTFLAC.html (direct download)

21. seanminty says:

The ‘Edge’ (by mobiegame) soundtrack is also fantastic especially the tracks by Romain “Ninomojo” Gauthier.

If you guys are into gamestyle music I highly recommend ‘Copy’. He takes it to another level and he’s got 3 fantastic albums and you can check out a bunch of his tracks here:

22. seanminty says:

Oh yeah and ‘Capsized’ soundtrack is cool as 10, but it may require some playing of the game to nod your head fully!

23. trance_with_me says:

So it looks like a recent update…the albums are all available in FLAC if $10 or more is donated along with direct downloads or torrents for 320k mp3 or FLAC!