The Cubed Crusader: LEGO Batman 2?

By Alec Meer on November 28th, 2011 at 10:44 am.

Walls made of Lego kyrptonite everwhere, I'm betting

Hooray! A Batman game that won’t use the word ‘bitch’ every five seconds, though God only knows what all the cutsey, wordless Lego-dude chuntering really means. “Oh great Satan, dark lord of my heart, let me worship you, let me consume the souls of the innocent and strangle kittens in your honour” – that’s what Lego Commissioner Gordon’s really saying, I bet.

So, Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes has maybe been outed, at least if this oddly stark image on Bricktuts.com is to believed. (Uncropped full version of the above pic with more stuff here). If it is accurate, it also means Batman’s bringing all his special friends to the build’n’smash party – which no doubt would mean even more open, joyful silliness than the first game. Lego Superman – i.e. invincible flying man who can destroy any object – must be be a conceptual nightmare, mind.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Inigo says:

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE YOUR FRIENDS, SOLVE MY MAZE!

2. GallonOfAlan says:

Hopefully so, Batman was one of the better ones thus far. Still won’t be as good as (all together now)

LEGO DOCTOR WHO WOULD BE.

• Groove says:

THAT WOULD BE THE BEST

• Prime says:

YES IT WOULD. MAKE IT NOW, PLEASE, TRAVELLER’S TALES.

(or, you know, do something that isn’t a fusion of Lego vs Pop culture? You’re clearly talented people but I think you’re in something of a rut.)

3. GT3000 says:

Lego chuntering is every sexist word you can think of, without context.

4. Tams80 says:

So, is errr, worshipping Satan, consuming the souls of the innocent and kitten strangling prevalent in the Lego Universe?

If they can express such is so few ‘words’, as few as what would be ‘bitches’ in English, then they must have needed to use it so much that saying the full thing became tiresome. That or they have a very efficient language.

Jackablade says:

I would have liked to see a Lego Batman running through the movies from Burton right through to Nolan.

6. Lusit says:

Invisible walls made of kyrptonite, I bet.

7. DickSocrates says:

Batman in this picture looks like the Burton film ones and different from how he looked in the first Lego Batman.

Eugh, I just wrote a large paragraph about the Arkham City ‘bitch’ thing. But here isn’t the right place. Just to say, I have played it for a few hours and agree entirely that the attitude to women in the game is highly questionable and creepy. Something off about the game that makes it feel not very Batman-like despite all the ingredients, and then some, being present.