End Of Nations Beta, “Wacky” Weekly Video

By Jim Rossignol on December 2nd, 2011 at 8:05 am.

MMORTS! MMORTS! Try saying it as a single word. Sounds ominous. Anyway, that’s a collection of letters that refers to but a few games, and End Of Nations is one of those. The forthcoming MMORTS from Petroglyph (Universe At War) and Trion Worlds (Rift) has opened beta sign ups. I thought they did that weeks ago, but not according to a new video bulletin which implores you to support the game in every possible way, which you can see below. That’s going to be weekly, apparently. Mm.

, , .

1. Fierce says:

Nice mug, but mine is superior. As is my watch.

He has superior lens flare though.

Sip.

• Ultra Superior says:

I have superior coffee and nickname.
      Don’t do watches though. Why having watches when you’re superior to time?

BTW: That video is not helping their sad case.

• Fierce says:

Who said anything about coffee being in my mug? *Pockets flask*

Siiiiip.

• Dances to Podcasts says:

These days with the time being everpresent on phones, pcs, etc. watches are no longer functional items but more like jewelry. *nods sagely*

• The Codicier says:

Coffee?
      Alcohol!?!!!

Every true RTS player knows Motor Oil is the only thing anyone appearing a in faux news advert video is allowed to drink.

• julianbenson says:

@fierce my first thought is when I saw his mug was “There’s a man who’s hiding his drinking habit”

2. GamerOfFreedom says:

Petroglyph is a studio created by former people of Westwood Studios

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

Petroglyph is primarily known for their experience in RTS game development as the company’s founding members worked on Command & Conquer, Earth & Beyond and Dune II.

3. Squishpoke says:

Ah, I can imagine it now.

“1:06 am: Player NewPlayer has joined the game!”
    “1:06 am: NewPlayer’s base is under attack!”
    “1:07am: NewPlayer’s base has been destroyed!”
    “1:07am: ZergFanatic1991 says: FOR DA SWARMS”
    “1:07am: NewPlayer has left the game.”

I’ll be telling my grandkids all about that tragic 60 Second War.

4. Bob Sacamano says:

I signed up for the beta of this, but I’ve never played a multiplayer RTS before because I suck at RTS’s. I purchased Starcraft II when it first came out and completed the campaign, but I have yet to play ONE multiplayer game because I’m too afraid of losing. lol.

• Squishpoke says:

SC2 multiplayer is very stressful. The ranking system is pretty good at pitting you against opponents that are somewhat on your level, but you have to struggle to make that victory happen.

I’ve won about half of my games in SC2, which is reasonable to most people.

• Bob Sacamano says:

Yep, I think it’s the stress that get’s to me. I had fun with the campaign, but everybody knows that the multiplayer is where the meat of SC2 is. The funny thing is, I don’t really care about winning as long as I had fun, but for whatever reason I just tense up when it comes to multiplayer RTS’s.

I’ll try this game though since it’s beta and everyone is expected to be a noob. Plus SC2 is REALLY competitive.

• Milky1985 says:

I feel the same about multiplayer RTS games, been watchign a bunch of SC2 torneys stuff so have been poking about in sc2 against the computer, kinda aiming to play online but know that i’, gonan get my butt handed to me so often i would rather play against hte cpu until i handle it reliablly on hard difficulty.

I did however play LOTS of world in conflict, as a RTT with no need to base build i could handle that, looking forward to this game tho, as it looks a little different to the norm!

lurkalisk says:

@Bob “I don’t really care about winning as long as I had fun”

Well there’s your problem. The game wasn’t made for you, unfortunately. It’s all about brain melting e-sportation.

5. Hoaxfish says:

Put the bloody cup down

6. luckystriker says:

That presenter is just too…*shudder*

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

Well, at least he’s loads better than that one guy who does the Mass Effect 3 ones (that guy used to do Command and Conquer X (don’t know which specific title it was) battle reports, too).

lurkalisk says:

I don’t see the problem. I mean, there’s nothing of any real value here, but there’s nothing particularly objectionable about the way they deliver said worthlessness. If future updates have worthwhile information, then they’ll be worth viewing.

7. Aaarrrggghhh says:

Maybe that means that the beta is finally around the corner…
    Got my beta key at GamesCom 2010 and have been waitingsince then.

And really, whats up with the cup?

Colthor says:

If it dies, will it suffer rigor MMORTS?

• Ultra Superior says:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOROFL

On a serious morte, this is a rigor mmorts what we’ve just watched.

9. Voon says:

Just wondering whether Frank Klepacki is composing in this one

lurkalisk says:

Yep. Well, if Wikipedia’s to be trusted. But then, he’s been part of every single Westwood and and Petroglyph title in existence, so I can’t imagine why not.

10. caddyB says:

I like him.

11. Kollega says:

I don’t know about you all, but i’m a little bit tired of every developer’s PR department saying “sign up to our page on Facebook pl0x” and all the marketing bullshit in general. I don’t know why the marketers all think their audience is completely unintellegent and only exists to be duped out of their money.

• kemryl says:

It’s quite frustrating; but as Modern Wafer 3′s success has proven, they aren’t really to blame for thinking so.

12. nimzy says:

All this and we still don’t know much about the game. I need to know if this game is Shattered Galaxy 2.0. If it is they can have all of my money.