Santa Leaving Presents On Killing Floor

By Jim Rossignol on December 7th, 2011 at 10:33 am.

Santa, no!
The Tripwire guys do like a bit of seasonal celebration in their Killing Floor. This year they’re gifting us with “the Winter Weapon Pack, with seven brand new weapons complete with new achievements, free to everyone who owns the game” but there’s also an entirely new level, the Ice Cave, which you can check out for free, even if you do not own the game, thanks the free weekend on the Steam from Thursday 8th to Sunday 11th December. There’s other exciting new DLC, too, such as the Steampunk pack, which lets you dress like one of those digital distribution punks, I think. Hmm.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Borklund says:

Will the DLC cost LOADS A MONAYYY?

2. DarkLiberator says:

I’ve been a big fan of the series for two years and I have not regretted my purchase once. This game is great, requires teamwork to survive and seems like one of those timeless games you always play.

Much looking forward to this update. Tripwire seems to be on a roll.

3. bear912 says:

Damn digital distribution punks!

4. CMaster says:

Oooh, new weapons. That really could liven things up a bit.

Also, “DOSH HERE LADS!”

5. DOLBYdigital says:

I’ve loved this game ever since I first played the mod many years ago. Its amazing how well it still plays today and with constant updates from Tripwire it keeps it fresh. Highly recommended game for people who like challenging co-op games that require some teamwork.

Also check out ‘Depth’ to see what the mastermind behind the mod that turned into this game is now working on (Alex).

6. rayne117 says:

Tripwire is definitely one of the best devs. They’ve updated RO2 so much, and they’re still updating Killing Floor, a two year old game.

This is what (I think) PC gaming is about: Long term support for games by the developers.

7. buzzmong says:

Wootage. KF is a good game, more weapons are certainly welcome though.

8. eddparsons says:

How do you access the free weekend?

I’m on the steam page for killing floor, click the link under Free Weekend for ‘Click here to download’, and it just takes me back to the top of the page. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Never mind, googled killing floor free weekend, found a link from one in 2009 and used that which worked fine.