Jonesing For Some Indie: Bit Of Alright

By Jim Rossignol on December 14th, 2011 at 10:22 am.

Best logo!
First there was an indie game development conference event called World Of Love and now there is one called Bit Of Alright. Secretly, they are the same thing! So that means talks by indies, for indies, about the art, business, and overall satisfaction (or lack thereof) in making indie games for a living. Bit Of Alright is taking place on 3rd February in London. Tickets cost £20 for the early birds, which is here. Fragments of the Hivemind will be there, so do say hello if you come along.

__________________

« | »

1. Richie Shoemaker says:

A conference for games journos is what’s needed. Something I can avoid going to and then grumble about being excluded from.

I think I need a sugar in my tea…

2. Jams O'Donnell says:

I saw “London” and lost interest, but those illustrations are lovely.

• Chaz says:

Reminds me of the opening sequence of Watership Down.

• wake says:

Are there any smaller conferences like this that happen in the US? Apparently flying to London can be a mite expensive.

3. Alexander Norris says:

Ticket bought! I don’t even know if I’ll be free on the day, or even in the UK still. Exciting!

4. magnus says:

What’s the next one going to be called ‘How’s your father’?

5. danimalkingdom says:

Next one’s going to be called ‘Say No More’

I wanted to go to World of Love earlier this year, but even though I was signed up to their mailing list, they didn’t send out any notifications, any ticket information, and their website didn’t have an address for the event or any contact information. Utterly useless! Needless to say I missed the event. Hopefully they’ve got the basics of frickin’ organisation down this year.

UPDATE: I’ve just bought a ticket, so if I miss it it’s my fault this time.

6. Flimgoblin says:

“Microcosm of not bad” for the next one surely….

Ticket bought.