Trine 2 Demonstrated, On Macputer Too!

By Jim Rossignol on December 17th, 2011 at 2:43 pm.

Listen, I know you are a busy person, so I’ll just leave this link here. It’s the Steam page for Trine 2. There’s a demo on there. It works on PC and Mac. It’s about as pretty as that pretty girl from your halcyon schooldays, you know, the one carved out of pretty, with nice hair. It really is that pretty. Read more about the game in this fine review, and then perhaps play yourself? Eh? Why not, it’s Saturday, after all. I don’t really believe you are that busy. You’ve probably got the day off.

, , .

bglamb says:

Jim it’s a Saturday. Why aren’t you resting?

• johnpeat says:

Mon-Fri as ‘work days’ is a dead concept – it’s practiced by lazy people who don’t want to get on in life and like being corralled into routine

Sheep, if you will…

• Halkyon says:

Yes. If by “get on in life” you mean subject yourself to generally mundane employment for an extra day so you have less time to work on intellectual and pleasurable pursuits.

• absolofdoom says:

Somebody’s jealous they have to work today…

• bill says:

@johnpeat:
      Is that you Mr McNamara? I’m sorry i wrote that blog post about you…

2. Xaromir says:

You can play anything on hipster hardware, you just have to install Windows. :) I wish i had enough money to afford the game. If it’s anything like the first it’s not only pretty but immensely fun. I guess i will find out once the demo finished downloading. :D

3. Hmm-Hmm. says:

No, it’s not that pretty. But still, it’s very pretty.

RobF says:

“It’s about as pretty as that pretty girl from your halcyon schooldays, you know, the one carved out of pretty, with nice hair”

Ah yeah, she was pretty. And also covered in cobwebs. Uncanny really.

5. Kaira- says:

Do I remember wrong or did someone mention that Trine 2 would also come to Linux?

mrwonko says:

Not that busy? Don’t you know Ludum Dare is this weekend?

7. DickSocrates says:

I tried the demo for Trine 1 years ago and wrote it off as crap. Then everyone reviewed it and said it was great. I still cannot see the appeal, and after watching the Quick Look at Giant Bomb, have even less interest. It seems like a clumsy, floaty platformer with ‘puzzles’ that are nothing more than simplistic ‘put a box here’ or ‘pull on this chain’. I suppose I just don’t like the atmosphere, it looks gaudy like a tin full of chocolates freshly opened after too much Christmas dinner. Limbo could be argued as similar but the atmosphere and tone are far more interesting, to me at least.

So now you know where I stand and can get on with your life.

8. MythArcana says:

Give me the graphical horsepower of Trine combined with NetHack or Stone Stoup and I’ll never buy another game as long as I live. :D

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

What about a femputer? Will it work on that?

10. Turbobutts says:

Frozenbyte managed to get Trine 2 before christmas? Oh the joy!