Terraria Adds Snowmen, Shivs And Santa

By Adam Smith on December 19th, 2011 at 11:36 am.

almost certainly the best image I'll see today

Christmas has come early to Terraria, with a patch containing a Daddy Crimble costume, snow, ice, presents, candy canes and gift-wrapped blocks. Most importantly though, gangs of snowmen will attack, armed with knives, snowbombs and Tommy guns. What this means is that you’ll be able to decorate the world with lights and festivity and then die at the hands of Al Snowcone and his meltable mobsters. A cheerful video awaits you.

There’s even a new NPC in the form of Jolly Saint Nick himself, although you’ll need to kill a lot of snowfolk to get his attention. We’re told that all worlds generated until December 25th will have snow biomes but they won’t cease to exist after that – they’ll just be less common. Although the update contains silliness in the spirit of the season, it’s also a proper patch that deals with existing issues. The full changelog is here.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. lordcooper says:

Thursday roast!

2. Sic says:

CHRISTMAS HAS BEEN DETECTED.

ACTIVATE CHRISTMAS? (Y/N)

3. Brumisator says:

Hmm… I just played some and got a lot of “presents” drop from slain enemies, with just silly green or red candycane bricks. I haven’t found any snow or snowmen, though.

EDIT: nvm, found A snow biome…

• Spengbab says:

In normal mode, the presents only drop bricks which you can use for construction (Bricks can also be turned into walls), but when you kill the Wall of Flesh, the presents can also contain snowglobes, which can be used to summon the Frost legion (Snowmen)

4. sneetch says:

Yay! I’m loving this since the 1.1 patch and the chance of duking it out with tommy gun wielding snowmen just makes it all better!

5. Swanny says:

The amount of support given to Terraria post-release has really impressed me.
    Kudos to Re-Logic.
    Well, off to kill some snowmen, then.

6. Beelzebud says:

Terraria wins my personal Game of the Year contest.

7. nemryn says:

What Terraria needs is a map. Some kind of item that’ll let me know if I’ve been up on that ledge yet, or whether there’s any unexplored bits down this tunnel.

• PodX140 says:

Torches. Lots and lots of torches. When above ground, and I personally hate using torches above ground due to making me think there are stars everywhere, you can simply run from one end of the map to the other, that way you know you’ve seen the above ground areas. Then underground, just start placing torches along your way like a crazed Hansel and Gretel.

• Lukasz says:

you should be mentally making the map.

and yeah. torches. torches everywhere to mark your progress. and you can leave signs for yourself if you really need to.

8. MythArcana says:

Indie game of the year for me, that’s my vote. Yep! That’s my vote and I’m stickin’ to it. Re-Logic gives until it hurts and packs a ton of new goodies into each patch in the form of free DLC. What I find pleasant about the package is they kept the toilet humor out and just let the game guide itself instead of forcing childish themes on top of it to sell more copies. Terarria just does what it does and does it better than anyone.

9. Memph says:

Nice font. Snoning, Snon bricks and Snonmen?

10. DOLBYdigital says:

Phenomenal Re-Logic!! Easily the best indie game this year in my book :)
    I’ll go generate a world right now!!