Dungeon Defenders Delves DLC (For Free)

By Jim Rossignol on December 21st, 2011 at 10:54 am.

No, Snowie, NO!
Yes, it’s one of those things where they add stuff to a game for free! We used to call them patches, but now we call them free DLC, at least when they have content and not just fixes in. A subtle distinction, don’t you think? Anyway, Dungeon Defenders, the excellent FPS tower defence, is getting one of them. Actually I read wrong, it has got one, RIGHT NOW. It includes four new skins for the Apprentice, Monk, Squire and Huntress, new “holiday-themed weapons” and a “mission where you must deliver Christmas presents to random locations and defend them, ending in an epic boss fight with the evil Mega Snowman!”

Woo! Ludicrously colorful trailer featuring said snowman below.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. faillord_adam says:

It’s third person, Jim.

2. Milos says:

I admit that is a ludicrous amount of colour. Is that even legal in this day and age?

• Wang Tang says:

I gave up on this game, partly because of the ridiculous amount of colour. I got headaches from that :/
      I’m not even in the “real is brown” camp, and I love me some colours, but this is way to much.

• Threep says:

There’s actually a slider for it. You can turn it all the way down to Gears of War Grey.

You can turn it further up too…

• alexheretic says:

It does look like my bathroom floor, the morning after a particularly self-destructive night out boozing with Willy Wonka’s latest experimental Technicolor Absinthe

• lasikbear says:

Theres a color slider?? And you can turn it up?? This is way more exciting than the DLC news!

3. BioSnark says:

“now we call them free DLC, at least when they have content and not just fixes in. A subtle distinction, don’t you think?”

Patches and updates don’t start costing money after a certain date. Okay, updates sometimes do when you call your application a new version and re-release.

4. SpinalJack says:

Not related but free christmas update all the same:

Revenge of the Titans: Yeti Attack

• InternetBatman says:

If only it would update for me. I’ve been trying to get all the Steam Christmas achievements done ahead of time and it has just stymied my progress. I just stare angrily at the 1.813.

Atom Zombie Smasher also added some free content for Christmas.

5. Vinraith says:

The excellent Sanctum also has some great free Xmas DLC as well. Where else can you shoot down Santa with a rocket launcher?

Comment on this story