Planetside 2 Site Launches, Beta Sign Up

By Jim Rossignol on December 22nd, 2011 at 8:27 am.

I look up to this guy.
Planetside 2‘s launch creeps steadily closer, and SOE have quietly gone and relaunched the website to contain a bunch more information and the beta registration page. You need an SOE account to sign up, of course. Thanks to Planetside Universe for this, who also note this phrase from the new details on the revamped official site: “With air, ground and seaborne combat, the battles will be larger and more intense than ever.” Could there be boats this time? Or are they just referring to the odd hovertank? We shall see!

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Wisher says:

Perhaps there will be small puddles where you fly your hovercraft over, and that counts as seaborne. :)

Oh and it’s always “nice” to see that you get Yugoslavia as a country option instead of Serbia… -.-

• nuh uh no way says:

IMHO Yugoslavia as a whole was way better than any of the individual states are now (unless you were a nationalist bigot/racist). I like seeing it in country lists from time to time. Instead of it showing the ignorance of the web developer, it serves as a reminder of what once was.

• Adventurous Putty says:

@nuh uh no way: I’m not from the Balkans, but I suspect it’s easier to be nostalgic for Tito if you weren’t on the receiving end of his Big Stick.

• Turbinator says:

My parents grew up in the old Yugoslavia, and for all the stories they tell – life was very good.

2. SealedSun says:

I wouldn’t waste development resources on creating boats. All we need are
    a) Amphibious vehicles (Magrider, Deliverer, etc.*)
    b) Maps that feature lots of water

So, not a river here and there, but locations where an amphibious attack actually makes sense (e.g., a base on a small island with an easily defendable bridge)

Oh, can’t wait…

*An amphibious AMS would probably be necessary for these kinds of scenarios to be realistic.

3. piecoughed says:

Hoverboats*.

Because relying on buoyancy is for NC cavemen.

*of the sci-fi maglev variety.

4. Raiyan 1.0 says:

So now I can sing “I’m on a boat!”

5. DeathHamsterDude says:

This beta will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

6. Anthile says:

I can’t sign up. Every time I try to login I get stuck in an eternal loop of password resetting. Well done SOE.

• hinq says:

I had the reset password loop problem back when SOE had their server broken in to and forced everyone to reset.

If I remember correctly how I got around the problem, don’t do the login -> reset password route. Instead, go to the regular ‘Forgot password, send me a new one’ form and I believe that fixes the issue.

7. BoZo says:

I need this beta or my liver will suffer.

8. Arjent says:

Very excited for this one, but I don’t see “seaborne” anywhere on there. It says “intense land, air and vehicle gameplay”
    I think you’ve been had or they quickly realized their mistake.

Also here:
    With air and ground combat, the battles will be larger and more intense than ever.