Brickbashing Batbuddies: LEGO Batman 2

By Adam Smith on January 5th, 2012 at 3:33 pm.

Perhaps Flash is in the middle but moving so fast that your puny eyes cannot detect him? FLASH CONFIRMED

LEGO Batman 2 was announced very quietly and a few months later an image appeared to semi-prove that it definitely existed. Now a press release has arrived to tell us that it’s real, although without confirming that it was previously announced. Exciting stuff but what does it all mean? I choose to believe that a game starring Batman, Robin and several other DC chaps and chapettes will be available in Summer 2012. More below.

Perhaps you were expecting a snazzy trailer down here? Sorry about that. They haven’t sent us one. It’s just an announcement. I even delayed posting for a while because chances are, as soon as I do there will be an all-singing all-dancing video released and then I’ll look like quite the fool.

As rumoured, they’re calling this one LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, which hopefully means it will be packed full of obscurities alongside the confirmed Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Look, there’s Superman now, flying past some legs topped by a utility belt.

When nobody's looking, Batman just rides on Superman's back instead of swinging along behind him

Since I have nothing else to offer, I shall let you see cake.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. UnravThreads says:

Will this be a good port, or will it be the usual semi-tripe we can expect from Traveller’s Tales?

• Hallgrim says:

The healthy supply of freezes, crashes, and game breaking bugs in Legos Harry Potter 1-4 (xbox) and Batman 1 (PC) have caused serious frustration in my house. I’ve only had a handful of problems with Lego Pirates (xbox) so here’s hoping their PC releases have improved as much as the xbox’s.

2. sneetch says:

I’m willing to bet that cake tasted terrible! I submit, sirs and madams of the internet, that a standard looking but tasty cake trumps a visually impressive but terribly tasting cake. Good day!

• Jonith says:

I agree good sir, I believe that Rock Paper Shotgun should do a cooking coloumn to avoid anybody falling into the trap of eating an impressive looking cake but also terribly tasting. In fact I think there is a law in some country somewhere forcing them to do this as it is in the public interest… Also I like cake

• koo slayer says:

this game is like a cake made from the crumbs of two other cakes that had large amounts of sawdust in their flour. mixed with tap water and heavily promoted with money

3. mechabuddha says:

I’m still waiting to see if Harry Potter Years 5-7 will be released on Steam. I’m completely willing to purchase it elsewhere if need be, but I’d prefer to keep all of my Lego games in one place.

4. koo slayer says:

I bet the guy from valve could eat that whole thing