Feast For The Eyes: Dead Island DLC Video

By Craig Pearson on January 27th, 2012 at 11:10 am.

Look at all the zombie bunnies. What do you see?
I keep waiting for the twist in the new Dead Island DLC trailer: it might be that it’s different for everyone that watches it? Did you see Australian Colonel Ryder White going mad between the all too familiar emotional tent-poles of military doctrine and love, while struggling through a tropical paradise filled with the walking dead? He’s the original’s antagonist, which is a decent idea for a story-based expansion. In my version of the trailer below, the zombie plague has also affected his accent.

What do you see?

I want bullets that write in blood. That way I’d never forget anything at the supermarket ever again. Intrigued? It’s out February the 1st on Steam.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. baby snot says:

Would it really be so hard to hire voice actors who don’t have to put on accents. Maybe this is just revenge for Sam Worthington getting all those roles in Hollywood. He is so dull.

• Ruffian says:

Also I don’t understand why the hell they gotta make it look sooo melodramatic. The original game’s dramatic scenes, and really the whole story were laughable at best. That being said it’s an awesome game. one of the best co-op experiences I’ve had in a long time. Just stop taking yourself so seriously alright Dead Island!? Your character models are about as rigid as action figures, and your voice acting sucks. Stick to the gameplay. ditch story = Better game.

• Dreamhacker says:

@Ruffian: You know what? Don’t quit your day job to start making games. It will end badly.

I think the story of Dead Island was great. We’ve had zombie game after game of near zero storytelling and an abundance mindless killing. Then Dead Island comes around and offers an intriguing story full of twists, melodrama, hope and despair.

And you want the story gone in favor of more bland, run-of-the-mill zombie killing?

No. Just no.

2. John P says:

Surely no Australian has ever been named Ryder.

3. The13thRonin says:

Are Aussies getting this DLC? I see nothing in the ‘coming soon’ section of STEAM and it’s supposedly less than 5 days away?

4. starclaws says:

Dead Island is great. Sooo simple yet soo fun. A great addition to gaming.

5. Stevostin says:

What I wonder is how long it is. What’s the gameply idea behind thid DLC, that sort of things.

BTW, I think RPS should have a look at the modding scene for that game. There already is a lot of hugely interesting mods.

6. Richard Beer says:

An infected person causing a helicopter crash during a zombie apocalypse, you say? Now where have I heard that segue before? Presumably they left him for dead at the crash site.

7. Spengbab says:

Order 66, you say? I heard that before…

8. Grover says:

Well at least the trailer isn’t misleading us into believing it will be deep, story-driven and emotive like last time.