The RPS Social Club Is On Tomorrow

By John Walker on January 27th, 2012 at 8:15 pm.

Social? Sounds dubious to me.

Have you ever met a person? EW! People are hairy, covered in limbs, and sometimes they try to talk to you about taxes. Dreadful. But fortunately, thanks to the latest technology created by RPS Laboratories Incorporated, we’ve invented the perfect way to meet actual real people who never talk to you about taxes! (The are still hairy and limby – we’re working on that.) It’s the RPS Social Club, and it’s meeting tomorrow! To be a part of this, it’s happening in London, at The Blue Posts, from 6pm to midnight. You can find out more details on the forum.

__________________

« | »

1. Lewie Procter says:

This is the part where someone asks if I’m going to organise a Manchester social again, and I sheepishly have to explain that I’ve abandoned you. I’ll be at this one in London tomorrow though!

I reckon Adam is going to take up the mantel of organising Northern socials though, especially if we all stare at him.

• HexagonalBolts says:

Ha, I was just about to demand another Manchester one. Would anyone fancy Kyoto lounge again? I missed the first one but I’ve been to Kyoto since and think it’s a marvelous place.

• CMaster says:

I’d been contemplating organising both another Manchester and a Leeds/York/Sheffield one myself (probably Leeds as I know the place). However I haven’t done anything yet, partly as a result of not presently living in any of those places.

2. GenBanks says:

I greatly enjoyed meeting other RPS readers and journalists at the meet-o-chat after the eurogamer expo, definitely recommend other people go, even if you don’t know anyone. Sadly I will be attending a Big Lebowski night tomrrow.
    Will there be an open bar though?

3. Keymonk says:

Aw, silly british people being in Britain. :D Can’t come. Would probably be awful at social gatherings like that, anyway. I’ll be with you in spirit, and feeding off of your happiness.

4. KauhuK says:

If only I lived in London then I would come. I’m a sad broken man ;_;

5. McCool says:

And the tradition of every RPS Social Club being on a night I already have BIG plans is upheld.

Wow, I might try and pop along anyway, but I’m meant to, um, be hitting the clubs Saturday night. Oops.

6. Blackseraph says:

Are you thrown out if you talk about taxes?

7. acenck says:

Too Bad, I live in America.

8. MedinaRegal says:

Wot would you guys do if a 15 year old came?

9. DOLBYdigital says:

I would love if I could go but I live in America and I’m quite hairy and limby… While I would think it would be sweet to have one of these in America, I would probably bitch out and not show up.

10. ZIGS says:

Host the next one in Lisbon and I might show up :)

11. Quasar says:

Heh, the first one of these for ages that I am actually in London, I am full of plan. Maybe next time.

12. goodnessme says:

Oh, I normally see things about this when I arrive back at work on Monday and have missed it. I wonder if wife will let me out? By god, stranger things have happened,

13. jonfitt says:

For the American readers we could arrange a meet up around Quakcon.
    There’s no real reason for it to be then, but with Quakcon on, there is at least a non-zero chance of some people being nearby anyway.
    I don’t plan on attending the LAN myself, but I occasionally swing by to check out the sideshows.

14. Inglourious Badger says:

The Blue Posts? I hope the next one’s in the Red Dragon or half of TF2 will be pissed.

I’m not coming on account of living miles away (literally in an actual literal sense!) but I won’t be smoulderingly jealous or nothing. No! Honest.

15. Cryptoshrimp says:

This might be worth crossing the Channel for.

16. Synesthesia says:

Sadly, i am 7000 miles away, which hinders my ability to go there. I’ll have a beer or two though, ill toast for you guys!

17. Belsameth says:

A mightywalk for me, sadly, living in .nl and all… :(

18. Josh W says:

It’s a good job it’s too far away from me, I have a feeling I might just end up talking about taxes…

19. HothMonster says:

You guys heading to this ?

20. Raziel_Alex says:

You people are so lucky, having so many around you who can say something interesting and profound about video games…

21. nickylee says:

I’m in Edinburgh, so I don’t see me getting to Londinium.

22. The Colonel says:

Come to Brighton! We have lots of wine!

23. Lemming says:

So are most people who comment on here in London, then? Otherwise I can’t see why you’d have it in the most expensive place to visit in the country!

24. drossy says:

Hmm, might try and get along to this, it should be just about feasible to get a train back home if I don’t stay too late…

25. sinister agent says:

You can’t fool me. Other people are a myth. The PC and the letterbox are where stuff comes from, not other people.

I very much doubt I will be here. There. I will doubt I will be there. Stuff to do on Sunday, eg: sunday, and on tomorrow I will be hung over. Bacon. I need bacon.

26. jrodman says:

Peers at map. Hmm, this can’t be right. It seems to suggest there are locations outside of the United States. That was very rude of whoever put this “London” thing so far away from San Francisco. Harumph.

On the other hand, have fun chaps.

27. Gurrah says:

You’ve got to love the googlea-earth shot of that place. Nothing beats having a nice looking storefront being blocked by a delivery truck at the exact same moment the google-car passes – hilarious.

Comment on this story