Alan Wake on PC gets a release date. It is the oh my goodness it’s only two weeks away. The 16th Feb. And tis being sensibly priced too, for a two year old game, at $30. Developers Remedy have been putting some proper effort into the PC version. Not only has it been souped up with improved graphics, but it’ll also support multiple monitors and stereoscopic 3D.
It’s one of those lovely moments of a PC developer returning to their roots and remembering why they loved it in the first place. Remedy’s CTO, Markus Mäki, released upon the press:
“We’ve done our best to do justice to the PC version and do things the way they should be done for PC. The PC version looks absolutely beautiful. We’re bringing the game to life in a whole new way.”
Here’s the full list of what’s new in the PC version:
- Experience Alan Wake’s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than ever before
– Refined and fully configurable mouse and keyboard support (or if you prefer to play with the Microsoft gamepad connected to your PC, you can do that too!)
– A wide selection of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios
– Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs
– Additional options our fans have sought after, such as field of view adjustment as well as “hide HUD”.
– Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode
– Works with NVIDIA NVISION2 Stereoscopic 3D