Meet The Operation Raccoon City Teams

By Craig Pearson on February 2nd, 2012 at 2:34 pm.

Rule #1: never give Darth Vader's brother a knife.
Where are the Craigs and Johns and Alecs and Adams and Jims? Capcom wants you to get to know the people that’ll be stalking the streets in their Left 4 Dead-ish multiplayer shooter, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Their first defence against the undead: they’re too busy laughing at their names to bite them.

“Lupo”, “Vector”, “Bertha”, “Spectre”, “Four Eyes” and “Beltway” are being hunted by “Dee-Ay”, “Willow”, “Harley”, Party Girl”, “Shona”, and “Tweed” through the streets of Raccoon City, as both teams have to contend with the years of psychological torture their names brought them at school. And zombies I guess.

It has no confirmed PC release date, but I’m intrigued. I like the idea of one team heading off the other team, but having to deal with the same problems gnawing at their knees.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. shovelface88 says:

I have a hard time believing this game will be any good with Slant Six behind it. They butchered Socom: Confrontation.

We’ll see, I suppose.

• Khemm says:

That bad? Ouch.

• ArthurBarnhouse says:

Instead, please enjoy the band Slant Six

lurkalisk says:

From what I know of Confrontation, it’s only the most die-hard of SOCOM fans that actually hate it. By all other standards, it seems to be a competently crafted, if unremarkable shooter.

So I guess I’m looking forward to… Playing someone else’s copy and seeing for myself.

2. WoundedBum says:

I really hope the combat dialogue etc. is better than that of the Syndicate demo. Some of the lines make me cringe, worse than some of the stuff in the recent Battlefield games. That said, this game could be interesting, I’m a big fan of co-op Left 4 Dead-y type games.

3. CMaster says:

I still don’t know what to think about this.
    There’s some good ideas in there, but I’m worried it will all be lost under a mixture of sillyness and gameplay clunkiness.

Hope there’s a demo.

• Velvetmeds says:

“mixture of sillyness and gameplay clunkiness.”

that’s exactly what it looks like. pass.

4. Inigo says:

In other news Megaman Legends 3 is still dead.

5. King Toko says:

Where’s Carlos, Hunk, Nicholai are they in it?

6. Koozer says:

I want to play as Tweed. I have no idea who that is, but I want to play as Tweed.

7. Khemm says:

It looks better than L4D if you ask me. Could be fun.

Snidesworth says:

It’s a solid concept. Opposing special forces teams with a zombie outbreak to complicate things. Whether it’ll be any good is another matter.

• sneetch says:

It could be fantastic, a team based multiplayer game with the addition of NPC hordes, I hope they have a good AI “director” to determine when it’s best to introduce special zombies and hordes (if there are hordes) the normal shamblers are just a kind of simple mobile hazard/speed bump but the specials will be what make or break this. Well, that and the controls. Netcode and hit detection. And, y’know, the rest of the game.

8. misterT0AST says:

…and Lupo means HE-wolf in Italian.
    But since nobody even cares about English grammar anymore, why would they bother caring about foreign grammar?

• mocky says:

Maybe she’s transgendered? Games don’t have to be heteronormative all the time you know.

9. Blackcompany says:

“Lupo, I am your father.”

My brother told me to say that.

El_MUERkO says:

no one appears to be able to shot straight in this game

11. Vexing Vision says:

I love the concept, I dislike the characters.

Let’s see!

Smashbox says:

“I don’t know, just make them look like the Combine or something.”

13. Synesthesia says:

oh my god, no. The voice acting! Who wrote this?
    And party girl? What? Now THATS survival horror right there. To the roots. No, really.

14. WrongThinker says:

Super excited for this. Pretty much everyone seems to love the concept, but people are all like “but I don’t know if their going to succeed in executing those great ideas, so I’m not going to buy it.”

Are you all crazy? At least wait to see the reviews or if theirs a demo. Don’t write a game off just because you don’t think it can execute on its lofty ideas, that’s ridiculous!

I actually like the characters, too. Sure they aren’t name characters from the rest of the series, but they seem on par with them IMO. Plus, they do badass s***. What more could you want?

I’m not sold on this game, but that doesn’t stop me from being excited for it. It’ll be interesting to see the console reviews in advance to see if it merits a PC purchase.

15. elnalter says:

HAHA! I loled at party girl. Capcom is obsessed with parties.

This party is gettin crazy.

16. kissmmm says:

321312=======ww w.luckystore7.c om======

all style air J0rdan sh0es33$,Air F0rce 1 33$, duks SB sh0e30-35$, Sh0x sh0e30-35$. disc0unt jersxy, High quality T-shirts20$,ED hardit-shirts20$,ED Hardi h00dies,Ev1su

sh0es,GUCC1 sh0es,1V H andBag36$,Chane1 H andbag36$,men,women fashi0n,AG,CL,AF,DG…… ch1apest (TOP) N1ke A1r , J0rdan (1-24) sh0es $ 31
    moncler cl0thing $110
    UG~G $ 50 N1ke sh0x (R4, NZ, 0Z, TL1, TL2, TL3) $ 31
    T-sh1rts (P0lo, Lac0ste) $ 22 $ 15Wig
    Hand`Bag (1V, Chane1, C0ach,etc.) $ 30
    Jea ns (True Religi0n, E~d, c00gi) $ 30
    Sung1asses (Di0r, 0akey, C0ach, Gucc1, Armain1) $ 16
    h00ded je^sey $ 29 $ 16 A new era 0f belt (ED/BT) $ 15
    Watch (R0lex) Sc`rf $ 80 $ 21
    B1kini (Ed, P0lo, Gucc1, 1V, Chr1stian Aud1gier, Affl1ction) $ 15
    m0nster head earph0nes
    you like ,you enjoy,you know
    I think you will like this , easy for you to refering to you frends thanks!
    ww w.luckystore7.c om