Air Buccaneers Fan Vs Dev Skybattle, Ahoy!

By Jim Rossignol on February 4th, 2012 at 4:11 pm.

While I normally count myself as a member the family of rigorous implacable impartiality that makes up the ranks of the International Games Press Corps, I will definitely be on the side of fans in the upcoming battle Air Buccaneers Fan vs Dev conflict, which is taking place in the new alpha build of Air Buccaneers HD. Ludocraft report that: “The battle will start at 18:00 o’clock GMT+2 time on next Thursday, February 9th. We will be playing on the Official LudoCraft Server and we’ll be using the latest Pre-Alpha version of the game.”

I’ll bring the hot air. You can carry the cannonballs.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Unaco says:

This reminds me… Someone jumped into the RPS Steam chat room and spammed the download link for this last week. They were mostly forgiven, due to the subject matter, although the Gestapo were restless for the remainder of that evening. I’ve had it downloaded since, but haven’t installed or played it yet.

Will put this date in my diary, or, RPS could be really sweet and post again on Thursday? If I don’t get a reminder, it’ll be like that 1,000 Man vs Machine thing, which I was all up for when first announced, and then remembered the day after it took place.

2. Raiyan 1.0 says:

Hmmm, I like the idea, but will it float?

3. Fullforce says:

18:00 GMT+2 should be 4pm in London. So don’t all turn up at 6.

Should be, anyway.

4. LieutLaww says:

Wouldnt 18:00 GMT +2 be 20:00 GMT not 16:00 GMT ?

5. LieutLaww says:

No thats not right, when u see things that have GMT then say +2 after it you add the number after the + so 18:00 gmt +2 is 20:00 if you goto a time conversion website thats what you get. As the dev is in Finland they are 2hrs ahead of GMT. If they had meant 6pm GMT then they would have put 16:00 GMT +2

• MrWeed says:

I am very sorry to tell you, but you are wrong.

The number after the GMT does not tell you how many hours you need to add to said time, but in what timezone it will be. As in GMT +0 is London, GMT +1 is Berlin and GMT +2 is Helsinki.
      Please do your research.

6. LieutLaww says:

Well if that is the case then i admit i am wrong but when i put gmt +2 into a time coversion site i get this

GMT+2
    Greenwich Mean Time plus 2 hours

which would make 18:00 gmt 20:00

• Synchrony says:

GMT+2 is quite simply whatever time is in GMT, add 2 hours, hence GMT+2. working backwards from GMT+2 to GMT, as you would in this case with GMT+2 being the quoted time, you subtract 2 hours ie. GMT+2-2 = GMT+0 so 18:00GMT+2 is 16:00 GMT

7. Smarag says:

Looks like their master server serving the server list is down.. Can anybody post a few server ips preferably Europe ones? I would like to try this game.

8. Davee says:

I like the sound of this, guv’ner! I’ll join you for some hot hot air balloon action.

9. Kemuel says:

I’m definitely in, I’ve had this on my HD since it was announced just waiting for a game.

10. frenz0rz says:

Just had a go at this and it seems like it should be great with a full server. Count me in!

Comment on this story