Panda Protecting Snuggle Truck Is Out, And Very Editable

By John Walker on February 7th, 2012 at 5:11 pm.

This is how I transport pandas in real life, too.

I’ve never understood the charm of those games where you have to make sure you don’t spill something. Going for a walk in a forest is fun. Going for a walk in a forest where I’m trying to balancing a china tea service on the end of a pole is a slow, awkward time where I can’t appreciate the woods for the teas. However, clearly I’m a tiny fool because they’re immensely popular, and the brilliantly named Snuggle Truck continues the theme in 2D cutesy truck-bouncing. And it’s out now.

It’s much as you’d expect. Travel from left to right, attempting to keep as many of the cuddly toys in the back of your truck, while negotiating obstacles. Each level comes with five medals to win, meaning you’ll want to go back and shave off that vital second, etc.

It also comes with a level editor, and already boasts a further 10,000 levels. And the editor is super-simple to use, letting you create your own masterpieces, then share them with the world. Look, here’s how the editor works:

It’s only £3.60 on Steam just now, and certainly does what it sets out to do. Personally, I’ve just never quite got to grips with why you’d want to do that. I’d far rather be hurtling my truck around doing flips and spins, rather than driving like a granny to keep all the pandas in the back.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Mollusc Infestation says:

Woods for the teas. I hope you’re pleased with yourself Mr Walker.

2. Bluerps says:

You transport Pandas in real life?

• Synesthesia says:

i liked it more when it was about moving mexicans across the border.

• MellowKrogoth says:

You can supposedly change the game back to “Smuggle” mode at the press of a button, on the PC version. The fuzzy animals are there because of Apple censorship.

3. Author X says:

Am I crazy, or didn’t this used to be a political-ish, “Smuggle Truck” at one point?

4. Sirico says:

This was great fun at Eurogamer launching your baggage and then trying to capture it again made for some great emergent fun

5. LintMan says:

With that lead up about the annoying “prevent stuff from falling out” gameplay, I was thinking this game was going to do the opposite, so you make to get the truck bouncing so the fuzzy critters fall out and are freed. That sounds like a lot more fun to me than safe driving.

• magnus says:

Yes it really is fun, I’ve been playing it for an hour and I’m loving it,it’s got a JelloCar vibe to it, but prettier.

6. Necroqubus says:

I already tasted the biscuit

7. trjp says:

Surely they just put cute animals in because that’s the only way to catch the attention of the ADHD dickheads who frequent the iTunes Store looking for gamez???

Mind you – just putting them on the artwork/intro screen is probably enough – the APP generation will have forgotten about it by the time the actual game starts…

• Illykai says:

Actually, they put in cute animals because Apple bounced the original, somewhat more edgy version called Smuggle Truck when they submitted the iOS version of the game.